Change font size
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:57 am 

Hello everyone in ipisoft,

I found it was very laggy and drop frame in the practical use of JOYCON. The bricks of the JOYCONs were out of sync with the hands in the ipivideo. The adapter support Bluetooth 4.0 and the distance from the adapter and the JOYCONs were about 2.8 meters. But I don't think JOYCON were worse than the Old PS3move. I managed to use the old model of PS3move smoothly before..
Could you help me and give me some advise?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:14 am 
iPi Soft

Some drift of values is inevitable when there is no magnetometer.
Besides, based on what we saw when adding support for JoyCons their internal calibration parameters are not always good. And current calibration procedure is unable to fix this, though we plan on imroving it at a later time.
Also JoyCons have less powerful BT transmitter which may cause interruptions in data at higher distances. Although < 3 m seems quite a reasonable distance, so these effects are not expected. Do you really see lagging or only drift (when orientation doesn't match after returning to the same position).
Do you experience similar issues with all JoyCons you use, or only with some of them?

All in all to date we consider newer PS Move (CECH-ZCM2x) the best controller supported by iPi Recorder. JoyCon only has advantage of smaller size.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:33 am 

I think I should abandon the Joycons for now.
I think the distance was (2~2.8m) reasonable for this test.
The dropping frame (laggy) of the Joycons(both two hands) will always cause the drifting of orientation of two hands worse and worse. The motion data from both hands will become completly useless.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]