Change font size
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:46 pm 

Hi,

I recently bought 3 PS MOVE Controllers. On the sticker, each one is labelled as "CECH-ZCM1E" model.

Based on threads which I read regarding PS MOVE compatibility I assume that these models have magnetometers.

I want to use ps move to improve head tracking, but the problem starts after calibrating the ps move.

The way I am rotating the PS MOVE doesn't match preview in the iPi Recorder 4.

Also, after capturing the animation, refitting and then matching my Head motion controller head tracking starts to behave oddly.

During, walking forward to the camera the animation it starts to turn, despite my head facing forward.

Should it work like that? If yes, how should I correct it in ipi Mocap Studio?

Also, does anyone has some recent video/text tutorial focused on head tracing with PS Move using Head slot? :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:43 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
CECH-ZCM1E can be with or without a magnetometer depending on the serial number (barcode value). See notes for different PS Move models at this page http://docs.ipisoft.com/Motion_Controllers. You can determine whether iPi Recorder detected a magnetometer in a concrete PS Move controller during its calibration. If there is a stage when the program asks to rotate the controller in different directions then magnetometer was detected (this stage is used for its calibration). Otherwise, there is no magnetometer in your PS Move.

Quote:
The way I am rotating the PS MOVE doesn't match preview in the iPi Recorder 4.

Can you be more specific about that? Probably the correspondence is not as you expect it. Front surface of a brick visualization should match the side of PS Move where PS button is located, and top surface to the side with a sphere.

Quote:
head tracking starts to behave oddly

I assume you talk about the head tracking option on the Tracking tab. Generally, you should uncheck that option if you use a motion controller to track head motions. Because enabling this option substantially decreases overall tracking speed and tracked head rotation will be overwritten (thrown away) when you apply the data from motion controller.
http://docs.ipisoft.com/Motion_Controllers#Applying_motion_data

Are your issues consistent with all controllers you have?

If you wish you can share one of your iPiVideo files with PS Move data for me too look.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]