Change font size
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:18 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Motion Controller Jumps
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:03 am 

Hi all,

So I'm pretty much up and running now with Ipisoft. I've done a few captures and have tracked them
as well. The quality can still be better but that will improve as I go along. One issue I am running into
is when I try to use the motion controller data. The data is there but I'm having the wrists jump or flip
during the animation.

I read in the forum that the issue can be the bluetooth dongle, so I have attached the dongle to a usb
extension cable to avoid any hardware interference. However I'm still getting the same motion artifacts.
Has anyone else run into this problem or something similar?

Thanks for any help,

Iwan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:45 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
Do you see the same jumps on the "brick" model? I.e. is this actually an issue with recorded data from controllers or with applying that data.
What is the distance between BT dongle and an actor?
Have you tried other BT dongles (maybe, a laptop with built-in BT)?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:10 am 

Hi Ipi,

I've just checked the capture files at work and the jumps are already apparent in the "brick" model.
I had some trouble with the original bluetooth 2.1 dongle where the problem was already apparent and
upgraded it to a new BT4 dongle, but the problem remains.

As for the distance from the actors, I've placed the dongle in the middle and on the side of the capture
area, so away from the capture pc to avoid interference, so never more than 2m away from the actor.

As an aside I've noticed that a lot of the "jumps" accur when the actor has his hands close to the body.
Could this play a factor in the tracking?

Thanks for your quick reply,

Iwan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:12 am 
iPi Soft

Overall the problem looks like lags in data tranmission between motion controllers and BT adapter. It may be caused by interference or far distance that's why I asked.
You didn't say which controllers you use.
Also what is a "class" number of your BT dongle? Class 1 or 2 is preferred for longer operation distance.
Can you share one of your .ipivideo files for me to take a look at controllers' data?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:23 am 

I'm using 3 PS Move Controllers with the following serial numbers :

I think they all have magnetometers as ipi asks me to rotate them at the calibration stage.
As for the bluetooth dongles, I've tried three different ones. I would need to check them
more closely as I've never heard of different "classes". (I have a bt 2.1 and bt 4.0).

In the meantime I'v uploaded an ipivideo file to my dropbox folder. Here's the link :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0yb2jjh68uyz ... 6.rar?dl=0
The controllers jump throughout the capture but the lhand from frame 100 to 1200 is a good
place to start.

Thanks for your help !

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]