Change font size
It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:37 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Any tips for big guys?
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:02 pm 

So I got the connection working but when i trace it thinks my spine is incorrect not sure hot to fix this. Event when I stop the tracking and adjust the hips and spine back to the general locations and continue tracking it puts this weird bend in my tracing. Ive tried to make the default match as close as possible. but theres still a few oddities. My current setup is 180 config. I'm wondering is the 2 90 degree setup would be better?

Attachments:
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png [ 387.32 KiB | Viewed 982 times ]
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 535.72 KiB | Viewed 982 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:23 pm 

Yes , I'm a big guy too. But not as big as you. It seems that big guy is never suitable for Mocap.
But I DID SEE THE BIG GUYS doing Mocap in Naughty Dog!
Think about it, ipi team please.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:38 am 

Switching to the 90 Degree setup its working a lot better. Considering buying the license now after a few more test. Compared to my trial several years ago it seems that ipisoft has made alot more advancements.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:45 pm 
iPi Soft

Hello,
you can share your .iPiVideo + .iPiMotion in order we could give specific recommendations (please use support e-mail ipi@ipisoft.com for that).
Recommendations based on your screenshots.
* Make sure you use "Stiff lower spine" tracking option
* Slim clothes is preferable (the clothes should stick to body, otherwise tracking algorithm can be messed up)
* I think that decreasing legs length may help (see Actor tab, Body dimensions advanced settings)
* Try turning on / off "Fast tracking algorithm" option to see which one works better

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:42 pm 

When using two older depth sensors (i.e., Kinect For Xbox,) I found that for a lot of my mocap was better with the 90-degree setup. I would switch to 180 for special cases, like when I needed a longer distance walk or if I needed to turn around and perform in the other direction.

That said, even walking in a circle mostly worked better for me with the 90-degree setup. I usually had to correct the most occluded range of frames but the rest of the capture would look much better. I think this is because, with the 90-degree setup, there is a little overlap in the capture which may improve the accuracy.

In general, use the 90-degree setup when performing mainly to one side of the room and you don't intend to stray too far in any direction. Use 180 when you really need it.

Also, with older sensors, I had trouble with light from outdoors interfering with the sensor's IR rays, so performing in front of an open garage might not be ideal. When recording in our home, I needed to close the blinds. (This shouldn't be a problem with new sensors like the Azure Kinect but I haven't checked for this issue yet. Will do so soon.)

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:26 pm 

pas wrote:
Hello,
you can share your .iPiVideo + .iPiMotion in order we could give specific recommendations (please use support e-mail ipi@ipisoft.com for that).
Recommendations based on your screenshots.
* Make sure you use "Stiff lower spine" tracking option
* Slim clothes is preferable (the clothes should stick to body, otherwise tracking algorithm can be messed up)
* I think that decreasing legs length may help (see Actor tab, Body dimensions advanced settings)
* Try turning on / off "Fast tracking algorithm" option to see which one works better

I have since deleted the video data But I will try these tips. I'm currently trying to get a Clothing set close to the recommendation from documentation to see if this will help results. If I still fail after this I will defiantly try to give as much supporting data that I can for analysis.

@Greenlaw

Thanks for the tips. Im using 2 V2 Kinects currently. I'm trying to reconfigure my room for better results.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:31 pm 

Sure, glad to help.

Oh, regarding 'light pollution', the other option is to record at night so you don't have to worry about bright sunlight. That's actually what I did most of the time when using v1 and v2 Kinects.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]