Change font size
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:47 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: T-Pose
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:41 pm 

Hi,

When exporting a take from iPi DMC, a default T-Pose is supposed to be automatically placed at the first frame of export but instead I'm getting an oddly posed figure at the first frame. Here's an image to illustrate:

The default T-pose does appear in the second frame and my mocap performance starts in the third frame.

G

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post subject: Re: T-Pose
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:42 pm 

Hi,

I found some time to check out the iPi DMC exported .bvh file in a couple of other programs. The program in the above post is LightWave, but I'm seeing the same or very similar bad first frame pose in Animeeple. However, when I opened the .bvh in bvHacker, the first frame looks correct.

Very confused now. :p

Just wondering but have you guys tried importing your .bvh or .dae to Animeeple or LightWave? Should I send you the files?

Also, I seem to be having trouble getting the iPi exported .dae file to read in certain programs. I'll send more info after a few more tests.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:22 pm 
iPi Soft

No no no. The pose in your first screenshot is not the first frame. It is the skeleton with zero rotations for all bones.

The first frame of animation is what you see in your second screenshot.

I don't know why Light Wave works this way, I have no experience with Light Wave.

In Animeeple, there is a special option for taking T-pose from first frame: in the "Import" dialog, go to "T-pose" tab and push "Set first frame" button.

If you want a BVH file with a skeleton that looks better with zero rotations, you can use the "Export for 3D MAX" option. The 3D MAX Biped-compatible skeleton is in a "hands-down" pose when you set zero rotations for all joints.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:17 pm 

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info! Your post explained much to me. :)

It would be good to have all this info in a reference guide...maybe an iPi wiki? Until then, I think I'm going to organize all the bits of info I've been collecting this past year in an informal user guide for myself and other iPi users. I'll let everybody know when that's ready.

Greenlaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:46 pm 

Michael,

I tried the Max Biped .bvh and it works much better in Animeeple than the standard .bvh. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Whoops! Sorry, something's still not quite right with this file for Animeeple. But I'll refrain from further comment until I have the new iPi mocap files to work with.

In LightWave, I'm seeing a very strange thing now: for some reason the same .bvh file I've been using is not importing correctly at all (standard or Max Biped version.) This makes no sense because it worked fine previously (except for the zero-ed out bones in the 'first' frame of course,) and the file doesn't appear to be altered.

Hopefully I'll know better what's going on after tonight's iPi session and I have new files to work with.

Greenlaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:44 pm 

Now I understand what is happening in Massive. Massive doesn't use the skeleton as it is at frame 1 of the animation. It uses the skeleton with all the joint rotations at zero degrees.

Anyway, it's easily fixed. Thanks again for all the info. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:39 am 

Hi,

I have this problem importing .bvh in lightwave (frame 0 position). the rest of the motion looks great.

How can I correct this issue?

I want this first frame to be correct because when I try to import .bvh in modeler to adapte mesh to the bones, the only frame modeler load is the first...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 am 
iPi Soft

Hello!

scratch wrote:
I have this problem importing .bvh in lightwave (frame 0 position). the rest of the motion looks great.

How can I correct this issue?

Try to turn off checkbox "Export T-pose in first frame" before exporting (see "Export" tab).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 am 

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your replie.

I have tested without exporting T pose, but the first frame is still not good.

For now I have decided to usee animeeple and then export in lightwave. It resolve the problem.

Thank you again for your help, and if you found the solution to this problem, let me know. :0)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:07 am 

Hey scratch i am having the same problem can i ask how you managed to solve the problem. I have the BVH file and i have imported it successfully in to animeeple. How did you get the file out of there and in to lightwave. My T pose is exactly the same as yours was.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]