Change font size
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 6:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:08 pm 

I'm trying to install on an HP Pavilion zd8000 laptop - P4 CPU - 3.0ghz - 2gig ram, running XP Pro v2002 sp3, with ATI Mobility Radeon X600 video card.

I downloaded the IPi studio and IPi calibration. The calibration installed without any problems. The IPi studio ran through and downloaded the .net framework from Microsoft without problem. It then attempts to launch the IPi software...and crashes every time at the splash screen.

I even have IPi soft in the program menu list, now, and can select IPi Desktop Motion Capture. A window pops up verifying application requirements, then the splash screen opens. Another window pops up over that for 1/2 second saying something about .net, then it disappears and the IPi window says, "IPi Studio has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." All of this is over the splash screen. My only option is to hit a "close" button, and everything disappears. I've tried this from every angle I can think, and am getting nowhere.

Would you help me get up and running? Thank you so much for your help!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:46 pm 

hmm well your machine looks good. Maybe post a DXdiagnostic file with more details

Start->Run->"dxdiag.exe" then save the output and post it here so we can see if there's anything with the hardware.

The fact it's telling you about the .net requirements points me in the direction that you're missing the most recent updates to that library. Download and install iprecorder and that should get you up to date. Or use windows update. This software requires the 3.5 version of the .net runtime libraries so that's probably what it's not finding (although it should have installed it for you).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:25 am 
iPi Soft

Ronin wrote:
... with ATI Mobility Radeon X600 video card.

This is a hardware compatibility issue. You need a DirectX 10 (Shader Model 4.0) -compatible video card to run our software.
Your existing video card is Shader Model 2.0.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:01 pm 

Michael Nikonov wrote:
You need a DirectX 10 (Shader Model 4.0) -compatible video card to run our software.

Hi Michael,

I was wondering, is this true for all three applications, or just the iPi Studio application?

My workstation has a GeForce 9600 GS, so it should be compatible with all three, but I was hoping that I could run the two camera applications, Recorder and Calibration, on a laptop which has a GeForce 7800 card in it. It would be a matter of convenience since I can more easily take the laptop to an offsite stage.

Thanks for any info.

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:08 am 

I think I found my answer here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57

...and it's exactly what I hoped to hear! :)

The three Logictech QuickCam Pro 9000 cameras arrived yesterday afternoon, so I'll know for sure this weekend.

This is pretty exciting! Hope everything goes well.

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:37 pm 
iPi Soft

Hi,

Yes you found the correct answer. Recorder should work on any video card. We probably should better explain this in System Requirements. We are working on improved documentation.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]