Change font size
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:50 am 

I've just upgraded from a GTX 560ti to a GTX 680 and while the tracking is faster, Mocap Studio keeps crashing at random points during tracking.

Here's an error dump, I don't know if it's any help. Fortunately I can restart and then track from where it crashed but any speed gain in the GTX 680 is completely lost by the need to babysit during tracking. I've just tracked a mere 852 frames and it crashed 4 times.

GTX 560 never crashed and both use the same GeForce drivers which haven't been changed in fact nothing has changed except the card and it works fine with everything else so far.

iPi Mocap Studio version 2.3.1.149 [STANDARD EDITION]
.NET: 2.0.50727.5466

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at #=qPOHzyhRWA0rfW7hOxXKu8R1Af2tEGES70Kj6jFCalgcSGOW$_453NsW15KcixTxs.#=qPDbavcNKH4FnxXs0Ax0dLw==(#=qau4nGyqWD8wcuTuCHT3f5qbPdA5ZmM1KFvPpq4S08EgwMXBqn4_cJbDWv6i2xv7V #=qvOOVjkWINWPOdP2jbpdUaA==)
at #=q02qba7SfPTNa8tr$tqyRIAt8PBrKDK0hLQToJ9KcFCBMCRPE1arZN5PI_PSmNY9t.#=q628uZV18rQF4P4iazxnPDw==()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:17 am 
iPi Soft

Please ensure that you have the latest NVIDIA drivers. Though currently installed drivers worked with older video card, they may contain some bugs considering the support of newer GPUs.
Also, what camera configuration do you use?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:16 am 

vmaslov wrote:
Please ensure that you have the latest NVIDIA drivers. Though currently installed drivers worked with older video card, they may contain some bugs considering the support of newer GPUs.
Also, what camera configuration do you use?

Drivers are the latest 320.18 and this is with 2 Kinects.

GTX680 isn't that new any more. Does that debug information provide anything of use, is there anything else that would be helpful?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:20 am 
iPi Soft

SassyR wrote:
Does that debug information provide anything of use, is there anything else that would be helpful?

Certainly, it's useful - at least we approximately know the area where the error occurs. Now let's try to refine the conditions of the error.
  • Does the error occur in any mocap project you're working on, or only in some specific project?
  • Does the error occur only in tracking forward/backward, or in some other operations - e.g. refine forward/backward, jitter removal?
  • Does the error occurrence depend on tracking settings: head tracking on/off, shoulder tracking option, spine tracking option, tracking resolution option? If you do not have enough time to play with different settings, at least let us know the specific settings you use next time the error occurs.
  • If you have such an opportunity, can you confirm that there is no error with the old video card under the same conditions: the same version of Mocap Studio, the same project, the same tracking settings?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:55 am 

vmaslov wrote:
SassyR wrote:
Does that debug information provide anything of use, is there anything else that would be helpful?

Certainly, it's useful - at least we approximately know the area where the error occurs. Now let's try to refine the conditions of the error.
  • Does the error occur in any mocap project you're working on, or only in some specific project?
  • Does the error occur only in tracking forward/backward, or in some other operations - e.g. refine forward/backward, jitter removal?
  • Does the error occurrence depend on tracking settings: head tracking on/off, shoulder tracking option, spine tracking option, tracking resolution option? If you do not have enough time to play with different settings, at least let us know the specific settings you use next time the error occurs.
  • If you have such an opportunity, can you confirm that there is no error with the old video card under the same conditions: the same version of Mocap Studio, the same project, the same tracking settings?

This will be fun!

Crash occurs in any project that i've tried (all dual kinect with 3 motion controllers)
Crash occurs in both forward and backward tracking (didn't bother trying jitter, it's already crashing before this specific action so there didn't seem much point)
Crash occurs at no particular frame
Crash occurs with head tracking off (i'm not going to test with it on since i'm using a motion controller for head)
Crash occurs with shoulder calculating from arm position and shoulder tracking video
Crash occurs with spine stiff and spine flexible
Crash occurs during high and low resolution tracking
Crash occurs with foot tracking on and off

At this point I feel it's safe to say that it's an error during tracking with no specific settings being relevant.

The previous card, GTX 560Ti was rock solid, never had a single tracking error of this kind and it previously tracked all the tested projects. I have only tested the same projects with the GTX 680 for a speed comparison.

I'll try updating the graphics card BIOS but at the moment it doesn't look hopeful.

[EDIT] Latest BIOS made no difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:25 am 
iPi Soft

Thanks for taking time to do tests. I'll tell you if you can help us with anything else. Now we'll continue with debugging at our side.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:25 am 

I am getting the same "System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array." With my R9 260x but only when i try to export a very specific scene, others do fine.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]