Change font size
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:40 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:28 pm 

Hi Ipi,

Just as I get over one hurdle, I'm confronted with another. I've taken to strapping the controllers to the back of finger-less gym gloves rather than holding them, which I've seen other users do on here.

Problem is that my version of Ipi isn't letting me match with the cameras, which is very frustrating as I've got a lot of work to do and this is stopping me progress. I've attached a screenshot of the scene, along with the error message I'm getting. Please, if you get a moment can you take a look? I've tried clicking back a few frames so that my arm is lowers as it raises, but the software's determined it's not having it.

Could you, or any other users here let me know if there's a solution to my problem? I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Attachments:
controller error.jpg
controller error.jpg [ 231.89 KiB | Viewed 9728 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:09 pm 
iPi Soft

Hi, Paul

I suppose you've simply mixed up the controllers, and, in Mocap Studio, assigned ("Attach to") the wrong one to the left hand. As seen in the screenshot, the orientation of Motion Controller 1 (orange color) looks very similar to the orientation of the real controller attached to the right hand.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:31 am 

Hi vmaslov, many thanks for your reply. Could you please re-phrase your response as I've read it several times and I'm still confused as to what you mean. Does this mean I have to re-do my mocap session? I don't understand. (sorry)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:51 am 
iPi Soft

OK, trying to clear things.
You've got 2 motion controllers: one attached to the right hand, and another to the left hand.
When you create project in Mocap Studio, the models of the controllers are initially placed below the actor's model. Because the program does not know which of the controllers was attached to the right hand, and which to the left. You should make this assignment manually, selecting a proper bone in the "Attach to" combobox for each of the controllers.
In your screenshot, it seems that you have improperly assigned the controller #1 to the "LHand" bone, whereas that controller was attached to the right hand during the shooting. I assume this, because the model of MC #1 (Orange) "looks" downwards, while on the video, the right hand controller also "looks" to the floor along the right arm, and the left hand controller, on the contrary, is oriented horizontally into the camera.
Just select the "RHand" bone for MC #1 (Orange) and the "LHand" bone for MC #2 (Blue), and you'll be OK.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:12 pm 

Hi vmaslov,

I did what you said and tried to assign MC#1 with the RHand, and MC#2 with the LHand. Ipi Studio's only letting me Match to Camera 1, despite me pointing my right arm at Camera 2. How do I make it allow me to Match to Camera 2? as there's no drop-down option in the Motion Controllers panel. Screenshot below.

Many thanks, and sorry for being a pain in then neck on your forum.

Attachments:
controller error2.jpg
controller error2.jpg [ 220.09 KiB | Viewed 9710 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 am 
iPi Soft

The "Match with Camera" button considers currently selected camera. To select camera #2, press button "2" on the keyboard or in the toolbar.
I agree this is not very straightforward, but at least outlined in wiki :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 am 

As vmaslov note, the button reflects the currently selected camera. I'd like to add that it's a good idea to select camera your aligning to (click the Camera number button on the tool bar or press the camera number key,) before clicking Match camera. This snaps the view to the Camera's POV and makes it clearer how the device is being aligned to the camera and may help avoid errors. In general, I think Match Camera is mostly concerned with getting the proper 'heading' for the device. That's just to start. During tracking, you will likely need to 'tweak' the rotation to match what you see in the BG video or to the orientation you desire for the currently selected frame range.

You might also experiment with different object previews. Depending on what I'm doing, I sometimes like to switch between the 'Move Controller' preview and the 'brick'.

Hope that doesn't sound too complicated. It's actually very easy to do once you've gone through the process a couple of times.

G,

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:20 am 

Chaps, the solution was so simple....many thanks. 'Select the camera your trying to point at.' That's it. Wish I'd known that from the start. Many thanks. Problem is solved. Now I can get on with the job in hand! :) It is straightforward vmaslov, I'm just having a stupid moment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:19 am 

Hi all,

I'm back again with exactly the same problem. I have my PS Move controllers labelled so I know I have them in the order, but Studio just refuses to match the third controller, not matter what I do. I have the same order of controllers and I'm again.....over a year later, tearing my hair out, because it's not working for me.

Could anyone out there suggest a solution? I've attached another screen grab, showing that the first two controllers 'played ball' but the third one won't match.

Attachments:
controller error 3.png
controller error 3.png [ 179.71 KiB | Viewed 9153 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:36 am 
iPi Soft

If you are really pointing the cam in this frame (it's hard to see that from video thumbnails) then looks like data from 3d controller are bad - it is oriented vertically while should be horizontal. This may be caused by temporary glitch during recording, broken PS Move, some interference for Bluetooth radio.
I suggest you to run calibration for PS Moves and reshoot this record if possible.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next