Change font size
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Spine deformed
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:55 pm 

Each time I crouch (similar to a volleyball ready stance, or baseball baserunner ready crouch), I seem to get the same extreme spine angle, with an extreme arch in the lower back (with the stomach bulging forward in the corresponding location on the front of the player). Last time I saw that prominent an ass was the Kim Kardashian cover.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb0hcgcy5f5hs ... 4.jpg?dl=0

I chopped it down to a pretty tiny video file (for 6 cameras).

Video, and calibration files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfsr2m5pl04zu ... Video?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzqnidt6c1lt2 ... Calib?dl=0

I've tried different scales, and the calibration works well for the other ... maybe 200 non-crouch motions, but all the crouching motions where I bend my knees enough, seem to have this same problem.
Anyone have any suggestions. I've been able to tweak it in Mobu, but ... not easily.

Thanks,
Mike

Post subject: Re: Spine deformed
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:40 am 

First... LMFAO!! Not a good look for you.

I tracked the video with no real issues, I set actor height to be 1.92m, which may be a bit tall, you didn't post an actual scale, what is actual actor height?

I set to shoulders tracked by video and flexible lower spine.

My guess would be either your actor height scale is too tall or you are using very flexible dancer spine which hardly ever works, even for a dancer.

Other than that I can't say much, because it tracked just as video looked for me, for the most part at that scale.

In my personal opinion, if you are doing any type humanoid action, you should use flexible lower spine (not dancer) as it refits the actor more naturally to a human form, stiff spine doesn't allow the shoulders to align that well and I always track shoulders by video, even if takes longer because it saves time lster and creates a more natural look. Just depends on your purpose and preferrence.

Good Luck!

Attachments:
crouch2.JPG
crouch2.JPG [ 35.1 KiB | Viewed 2497 times ]
crouch.JPG
crouch.JPG [ 41.55 KiB | Viewed 2497 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:04 pm 

Nice!
Very helpful. BTW, you hit the actor height very closely ... maybe 1.93.
One of those cases where I wish I was smaller (I could do more with the capture space).

Interestingly, when I tried your suggestion, it didn't duplicate the results ... though it did help.
However, looking at your screenshots, it was apparent that you had head tracking on.
So ... adding that, it worked.
In the spirit of thoroughness (good to have a tiny example), I tried a number of setting combinations.

Oddly enough, just setting head tracking, and leaving everything else stock (shoulders from arms, and stiff spine), I get almost the same results, which will come in handy when I'm doing preliminary motions. Certainly didn't expect just changing head tracking to ripple all the way down to the spine. As you suggest, shoulders from video, flexible spine, and head tracking, looks like the ticket for best final results. Also, I had some other lesser problems, with shoulders in other motions, that I suspect will be helped, or completely solved with one, or all of these changes.

Head tracking alone, made such a difference, helping both shoulders, and spine positions, that I'm very interested to see if this will be the case when I attach the PS Move controller to the head, or if it's changes might be more restricted to just the head orientation. The motivation would be primarily tracking speed, of course ... If I can get these improvements, using the PS Move, without the hit to the tracking speed, then it would likely be worth the minor inconvenience of wearing the gear. If not, then that's fine ... most of my processing will be overnite batches, anyhow, at least when I'm doing multiple motions.

I was pretty worried, about these crouches, till you offered the solution.

Thanks a lot for taking a look.

- Mike

Attachments:
File comment: What Snapz saved me from.
ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 11 19.34.jpg
ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 11 19.34.jpg [ 12.79 KiB | Viewed 2492 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:00 pm 

Yes, I saw your tracking speed was a bit low, but that is an effect of head tracking turned on and 6 cam config.among other things and right, with a Move on the head will help processing speed, just depends on how fast the head moves and how smooth you want the head motion output, but it is easier to smooth the head later than other parts of the body.

I have had to manipulate many things in many programs, and iPi is no different, so dont be afraid to try things especially with calibration scaling and actor scaling, camera positioning, floor positioning in scene after calibration and JR settings to get the exported results you want. You get out what you wanna put into it through trial and error.

I use 4 cameras, mainly due to the calibration ease and now, the cost to upgrade, so I use camera positioning in many different positions, depending on shots needed and I get what I need usually, or 90% there anyway.

It may not make a big difference in the recording, but personally I think if you straighten your camera views better to more level with floor, you may get better tracking results, I do this by default on every camera, so I don't know that off-angle lateral level matters, just a suggestion.

Yeah, space is an issue for any home usage with PS Eyes, Just try different configs to what works best for your area.

Good Luck!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]