Change font size
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 pm 

Hello everyone,

I've tested today the new release version of Ipisoft,with the awesome upgrade of recording with 2 kinects for one pc only! I connected my 2 kinects, everything was going well. Lauching IpiRecorder, and calculating background, without any problems. But, when I click on "Record", I have an error message, "could not load any device". One kinect works fine but the other is no longer recognized everytime I try to record the motion.

Did you have this trouble too ? I tried with my laptop and all went successful.. I've been searching all the afternoon for an issue, testing the USB 3.0 ports, the kinect cable... Can't find a solution yet =(

Thanks in advance for your help !

Kalex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:01 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
No we did not experience this exact issue. But we experienced other issues with certain USB 3.0 chips or when connecting multiple Kinects to a single USB 3.0 controller.
So you're trying to run on the desktop, right? Which USB 3.0 controllers it has?
Are you sure there are no any issues before recording starts - like low frame rate or frame drops? You may stay at Setup stage for prolonged period and check statistics.
Which driver do you use for Kinect - UsbDk or libusbK? In any case you may try another one to see if it helps.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:39 am 
iPi Soft

Please check whether Recorder v4.2.2 fixes the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:08 pm 

vmaslov wrote:
...But we experienced other issues...when connecting multiple Kinects to a single USB 3.0 controller...

Sorry, don't mean to hi-jack this thread but this comment sparked a question.

I had assumed that dual Kinect 2 required separate USB 3 controllers, one for each device. Is it actually possible to have multiple Kinect 2 sensors working at maximum framerate on a single USB 3.x controller?

As you know, I wasn't able to get dual Kinect 2 to work on the single onboard USB 3.1 controller in my laptop but, then, I wasn't able to make dual work on the laptop even with a USB 3.0 expresscard added. But I was wondering if this might work on my desktop...that is, connecting two Kinect 2 sensors to the on-board USB 3.1 controller and one (or possibly two sensors) on the USB 3.0 PCI card?

I guess it doesn't hurt to try. If I can make time for a test this evening, I'll report the results. Just asking here in case you already have an answer for this.

BTW, I received a USB 3.1 (NEC) card for the desktop this weekend. I'll swap it out with the old USB 3.0 card in the desktop tonight. Hopefully this card is also compatible and, maybe more importantly, compatible with dual sensors. I imagine if dual sensors on a single controller has any chance of working, it will be with a USB 3.1 controller, not 3.0.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:13 pm 
iPi Soft

Single Kinect per USB controller is a general rule of thumb. However, in our tests we were able to successfully run dual Kinects on Intel controller in 200 series chipset (on a laptop with Core i5-8250U CPU), and also on older ASMedia ASM1042A controller (additional on a desktop mobo).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]