Change font size
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:25 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Feet problem
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:17 am 

Hi,

First i want to thank you for this wonderfull soft !
I have made cool animation that i was able to bring back to maya or 3dsmax but i have some problems.

The first weird stuff is that when i import a rig(FBX) provided by axyz then export it in FBX, everything look good except that the bones for the foot don't stay fix. It's looks like they try to compensate the hips or an other bone. video here : http://nuage.adrdop.com:8000/f/474a3f3829/
Do you know how can i fix it ?

Something else that i found annoying is with the CS from 3dsmax. The motion "looks like" I have in IPI but actually it's quite different, i think it's because of the position of the bones ( the clavicule of the bipped are straights, spines too ... ) and i got some shifts in position and a weird animation, noise or bones that twist, or stay too straight. http://nuage.adrdop.com:8000/f/bae1da3e0a/

For 3dsmax i supposed there is no solution, but i was wondering how can i get exactly the animation i have with my rig important in IPI. No possiblity of baking the vertex ?

If i can fix the problem of the FBX export that could be fantastic.

thanks

Post subject: Re: Feet problem
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:54 pm 

Are you choosing the head tracking "On" / Shoulders by Video / Flexible Spine? Kinects also need a head Move controller to get better head tracking.

On export you can try using AMT box checked, can help with foot slide, but with Kinect 360 or X Box 1 cams, you won't get solid planted feet on export ever.

Videos are locking up you posted for me, but it looks like maybe you have the root node locked in Maya? Possibly why hips aren't following the animation, but I don't know how the skeleton was configured either and Maya could be choosing the hips as the root node instead of the actual node, if it even has a root node attached correctly.

3ds Max Biped bones will react a little different, if using a biped skeleton to drive the animation, but if importing as an FBX, the animation and character should perform just like in iPi.

To me it is easier to attach a biped rig to an FBX character in 3ds Max and load the BVH animation to it from a BIP file, tutorials on YouTube of how to do this process if you are unfamiliar, then bake the animation to the FBX character and delete the Biped.

You can try downloading Autodesk FBX Review software to make viewing a bit faster also, if you don't have it already.

Post subject: Re: Feet problem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:52 am 

nice post bro

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]