Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:36 pm 

Just curious but exactly what is Recorder looking for when it keeps detecting 'people' in a scene when there are no people or moving objects in the view? This doesn't happen all the time but it seems to pop up frequently.

I'm just trying to understand what it could be mistaking for 'people'. Thanks for any info.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:40 pm 

Hmm...right now, even when I tell it to accept the background recording (reported with 'people' even though none are present,) the Record tab will not let me proceed without trying to record the Background Evaluation again. When I do, it tells me once again that there are 'people' present.

I'm going to try rebooting the computer. Will post again soon with another report.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:29 pm 
iPi Soft

Recorder relies on Kinect actor detection, so if Kinect falsely detect people, you'll get this warning.
However, if you press "Keep Background" button it should keep the recorded background and not to force you record it again. Is this the case?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:37 pm 

Hi Pas,

Thanks for replying so quickly. The problem is that Recorder will not let me proceed after re-recording the Background Evaluation. It keeps telling me that I need to record the BGE, so I record a new BGE, and then it tells me there are people in the scene. So I tell it to keep the evaluation, and Recorder tells me I need to record a BGE, and the cycle continues.

Just a little more info and a theory:

The initial warning popped up tonight when a cat walked into the scene. That background evaluation recording was deleted of course, however, as described above, Recorder then refused to accept any BGE recordings after that, even when there was absolutely nothing alive or otherwise moving in the room.

A similar situation happened last week, although I'm not sure the cat was involved that time.

I haven't tested this yet but my guess is that, once the error is triggered, maybe Recorder isn't properly resetting?

This would be easy enough to test but I need to move on tonight, and will have to test this another time. For now, I was wondering if anybody has seen a similar error?

Anyway, rebooting the computer then allows me to proceed after a proper background evaluation.

I"ll let you know when I test for what triggers the persistent BGE error. Maybe I can do this later tonight if it doesn't get too late.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:28 am 
iPi Soft

Yes, looks like some kind of bug.
We'll fix shortly.
I think Kinect SDK detects some movement in the background (like a cat or moving person), and after that it may confinue falsly detect person even when background is still. So before we fix this issue you can try this workaround:

- Persnons that are present in the backgound (if any) should be still (to possible extent)
- Re-start iPi Recorder, and try recording background again

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:30 am 
iPi Soft

Looks like I tracked down the issue and found that buttons are messed.
So when you press "Discard Background" it actually keeps it, and when you press "Keep Recorded Background" it will discard it.
Sorry for this issue, we'll release the fix shortly with other useful updates.
Meanwhile, just use different button as a simple workaround.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:56 am 

Thanks for looking into to this and sharing the solution. That will help when I run into this again. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:22 pm 
iPi Soft

The issue should be fixed in the today's release 3.2.5.47.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:22 pm 

Yay! Thanks Pas. I'll try it out this evening.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]