Change font size
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Pairing move controller
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:29 am 

So after reading how to pair your move controllers with the ipi recorder I tried it myself but it doesnt seem to work.
It says I need to connect my move controllers via usb which I did, but the process never finishes.
When the bluetooth adapter is not connected I do get an error that I need to plug it in. So I guess it recognizes the bluetooth adapter (Bluetooth USB Dongle; BCM20702; Bluetooth 4.0+EDR).
(The move controllers do work)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:59 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
Are you prompted to disconnect PS Move from USB soon after connecting it?
Did you get to the stage when it prompts to turn on PS Move (by pressing the PS button on it)?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:29 am 

Hi, I got stuck in the step "Please, connect your PlayStation Move controller to USB".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:39 am 
iPi Soft

Did you try different USB ports for connection?
Do you have any other BT dongle to test?
Please get the trace log file after pairing procedure (cancel dialog after waiting a bit) and attach it here. To get it, click icon in the top-right corner of the window.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:39 am 

Doesn't it have a warning pop-up now that iPi Recorder must be re-started with Admin privilege to pair Moves?

Are you getting that message too?

May need the Moves turned off before connecting the USB cable?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:43 pm 

Wondering when you unplug the USB if the Move has already been paired before, (solid red light), then click the refresh button top left ribbon for it to appear in the stack, if so, no need to do it again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:01 am 

I tried diffrent USB ports and started as admin, but this didnt work for me.
Here is the logfile:

Attachments:
trace_20170315_155428.txt.gz [1.34 KiB]
Downloaded 89 times

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:15 am 

Oh, I see it is a Win 7 machine, I don't think you get the Run as Admin warning message for that OS.

iPi may be able to figure it out for you with the trace file.

I have Win 7 on another drive, I will check it out later to see if my Moves pair on it with my BT adapter.

EDIT: I was able to pair Moves on Win 7 using an IOGear GBU521 adapter (BCM 20702 Bluetooth 4.0+EDR) Re-installed Win 7 drivers from original CD, were updated to Win 10 and it didn't recognize the adapter, but you say your adapter is being recognized, so I don't know.

Is the adapter you are trying a brand new adapter? Maybe has Win 10 drivers installed from CD, if that's how you installed them and needs the Win 7 drivers reinstalled from the manufacturers support page link?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:07 am 

The adapter is a new one. I installed the drivers on the cd for win7/vista. But i think that this is not the problem.
Maybe i got a newer version of the recorder on my system that is causing problems for windows 7.
Is there anything else you did install besides the recorder to get it paired?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:33 am 

I have the most recent recorder installed also, I didn't have cameras plugged in (PS Eyes), but I didn't do anything out of the ordinary for pairing once I reloaded Win 7 drivers onto the adapter, but it was plugged into a USB 3.0 port, I didn't try it in a 2.0 port.

It popped up to plug in the USB cable, (no warning for Admin appeared), and then as normal to keep pressing the PS button until finally paired, took a few times pressing it after stopped blinking again though. longer than it takes on new pairing on Win 10, but seems you can't even get to that point.

Are you using PS Eyes or a Kinect 2? I paired with no cameras plugged in, but I use only PS Eyes, I don't have a Kinect 2 to test it anyway.

Possibly if Kinect 2, the sensor is eating up all the bandwidth your machine has through its 3.0 port, it takes the full 5 Gb/s to run a Kinect 2 properly and the BT dongle should then be used in a USB 2.0 port, if that dongle will work in a lower 2.0 port, but you can try that method, or get a USB 2.0 compatible dongle. I use the Asus BT 211, but that is hard to come by now cheap, I see you posted you tried different ports though already.

Have you tried just the Move without a camera plugged in yet? Just trying the process of elimination path.

If not, I am not sure the issue causing yours not to pair then.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next