Change font size
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:00 pm 

Recently I have noticed my antivirus program (Bitdefender) keeps flagging the ipi soft recorder as a virus. I t has never done this before when ever I used the recorder. I would have to recover the deleted files almost every time I want to use it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:37 pm 

No Virus in iPi Recorder latest version, I am sure you scanned the Recorder.exe file with your AV already.

May have to set those files your AV is picking up as exceptions.

Not sure why all of the sudden it would pick it up differently than before, has there been a recent update to your AV program maybe that's causing it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:08 pm 

I recently moved into my new home and seeing that i have more sq feet now than i did when i had an apartment, i thought i could try useing the ps3 eye setup. But i had to update my antivirus program first. Then the antivirus program removed a component from the recorder. I had to turn the antivirus off just to use it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:18 pm 

Does happen sometimes, just list the files the AV picks from iPi Recorder as exceptions and it should no longer grab them up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:55 am 
iPi Soft

I've installed Bitdefender free edition (product version 1.0.8.29, antimalware engine 7.72402) and it did not report any problems with iPi Recorder files.
What edition of Bitdefender do you use?
Maybe, iPi Recorder has indeed got infected by some virus?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:12 am 
iPi Soft

After updating (antimalware engine version=7.72569) and doing full system scan it actually detected one of the files iPiHelpers.dll as malware in some places (like temporary files). Presumably, from some older releases of v2. But I've scanned the latest release of iPi Recorder v2, and again - no problems.
Which version of iPi Recorder do you use?

+1 to Snapz recommendation to exclude iPi Recorder files from antivirus scans for the time being.
I think you may also report iPiHelpers.dll as false positive on the Bitdefender website
https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/
So that they could analyze the file and improve their antimalware engine to prevent this detection.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:03 am 

I didn't go to the extent of downloading and running a scan with bitdefender, but nice follow up that Maslov has.

I have checked Recorder v3, and Studio v3 latest updates with my 2 Virus and Malware scanners to no result, so I feel it is free of anything malicious, I wasn't sure what version the OP was referring to, I just took it as was referring to the latest version of v3.

I have had it happen before on other programs I trusted weren't infected, usually only one file gets scooped up, but it's one that the program needs to function properly.

You can report it to bitdender as a misdetection also, or as an issue with a recent update, as you stated you did do that with your AV program, thanks for the link to it for them.

You could also do an uninstall/reinstall of bitdefender and of iPi Recorder, if you wanted, maybe one or the other got corrupted on update, if using Win 10 that wouldn't surprise me, then delete all you can from inside of the temp folder after install completes, some files you may not be able delete from Temp, just skip them when prompted.

(Path: C://Users/User/App Data/Local/Temp), or simply type %temp% in the windows search box and select it from the lists top result, be sure to have show hidden files and folders turned on first in Folder Options/View.

This should be done frequently anyway if the user downloads a lot of free programs... viruses, malware and adware hide there to run on startup.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:30 am 

thanks everyone. I have been having alot of issues with bit defender lately. probably need to switch. But I am currently running bit defender total security 2017 on windows 7, and I have ipi recorder 3 installed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ipisoft recorder, but I get the same issues. I'll just have to white list the program as Snapz suggested.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]