Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:39 am 

Hi, gang. I really need some expert help here... I am using 2 Kinect cameras facing each other, and I literally have to spend half a day or more trying over and over again to calibrate them. Eventually after a ridiculous amount of tries, I do get a "good" calibration. Occasionally a "perfect" one. But that is only after (probably) over 50 tries. IT is so frustrating and time consuming-- especially on deadlines.
Here is one of the videos:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0ahnf0fi2ffr ... Video?dl=0
Perhaps someone could take a look at my set up and let me know what it is that makes it fail so many times (and what it is that eventually randomly gives me a "perfect" or "good")?

Thanks so much in advance.
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:29 am 
iPi Soft

I copy the answer from email here, so other users can see it.
pas wrote:
I checked your video.Possible reasons for your issue:
1. Set Region-of-Interest to include only frames where the board is clearly visible by both sensors. In my case I selected frames from 90 to 435.
2. Try to record longer sequence. Having more frames (600+) with board motions is benefitial for reliable calibration.
3. Try to cover bigger area. Looks like moving the board while sitting is not a good idea. You'd better walk with the board, moving closer to sensors. Also try to increase amplitude of board motions. Having variety of different positions and orientations of the board is benefitial for calibration.
4. "Good" is good enogh. You do not need to strive getting "Perfect". Kinect v1 has rather high noise (compared to Kinect v2). So getting "Perfect" may be difficult.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:50 am 

Thanks. I updated the software and that seemed to work. Whatever the problem was, it had to do with that version of Ipi on the 2 year old Windows 7 computer I was using.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]