ipisoft.com
http://forum.ipisoft.com/

XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!
http://forum.ipisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9841
Page 1 of 3

Author:  The_Bear [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:44 am ]
Post subject:  XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

Hello :)
I have a Kinect sensor for XBOX360, I have the adapter and everything but the frame rate is bad, 17-25 FPS.

The weird thing is, I was using 2 kinects (dual sensor) and both of them were at 30 FPS all the time. No drops.
But suddenly everything got wrong, I assume that happened after I updated my laptop.

I'm using a laptop with i7-6700HQ, 16RAM, GTX 960M 4GB. I don't think that a hardware problem :)

But it's freaking me out, why the frame rate is low and no matter what? I uninstalled drivers and installed them again, same to the iPi Recorder, everything that the internet told me.

Can somebody, PLEASE help me? I would really appreciate that.

Author:  vmaslov [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

Hi
Did you try every USB port in your laptop?

Author:  The_Bear [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

vmaslov wrote:
Hi
Did you try every USB port in your laptop?


Thank you for the quick response :)
Yes, I tried every USB port. I have 2 USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is the port with the blue color on it, right?

Just mentioning that 2 kinects were used on these 2 USB 3.0, and worked perfectly. 30FPS all the time.

What has gone wrong?

Author:  vmaslov [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

Perhaps an update of drivers for Kinect or for USB controllers did the trick.
BTW, do you use Kinect via Kinect SDK drivers or some other?

Author:  The_Bear [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

vmaslov wrote:
Perhaps an update of drivers for Kinect or for USB controllers did the trick.
BTW, do you use Kinect via Kinect SDK drivers or some other?


I use only the original SDK from Microsoft's site, Kinect SDK v1.8. I uninstalled and installed the Kinect drivers, nothing changed.

So the USB controllers drivers are the ones to blame? How can I fix that?

Author:  vmaslov [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

Have you tried using depth-only mode in Recorder. Does it makes a difference in FPS?
Also please try to downgrade Recorder to version 3.2.11. Newer versions utilize GPU for rendering - maybe that is an issue in your case.

Author:  The_Bear [ Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

vmaslov wrote:
Have you tried using depth-only mode in Recorder. Does it makes a difference in FPS?
Also please try to downgrade Recorder to version 3.2.11. Newer versions utilize GPU for rendering - maybe that is an issue in your case.


I downgraded the iPi Recorder and switched to depth-only mode, no difference in FPS.
Just mentioning - 2 Kinect worked perfectly at 30 FPS on that laptop. Everything worked perfectly, and something has gone wrong.

You said something about USB drivers issue. Which kind of make sense because I assume the Kinect stopped working after an update on my laptop.
How can I fix that? Maybe you have more ideas?

Thank you again for all the help :)

Author:  vmaslov [ Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

What are the USB controllers in your laptop? I suppose it's Intel only and no other ones. To my knowledge, Intel does not provide drivers for its recent USB controllers via its web site. They come with Windows either as generic ones or Intel-specific.

You may try to rollback recent Windows updates and see if that helps. There are plenty of how-to instructions on the web - catch a couple of links
https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/
https://www.howtogeek.com/206271/how-to-roll-back-or-uninstall-a-problematic-windows-update/

BTW I've just realized you did not mention what's your Windows version. I guess it's Windows 10 as the CPU model is of 2015.

Author:  The_Bear [ Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

vmaslov wrote:
What are the USB controllers in your laptop? I suppose it's Intel only and no other ones. To my knowledge, Intel does not provide drivers for its recent USB controllers via its web site. They come with Windows either as generic ones or Intel-specific.

You may try to rollback recent Windows updates and see if that helps. There are plenty of how-to instructions on the web - catch a couple of links
https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/
https://www.howtogeek.com/206271/how-to-roll-back-or-uninstall-a-problematic-windows-update/

BTW I've just realized you did not mention what's your Windows version. I guess it's Windows 10 as the CPU model is of 2015.


Yes indeed, I have Windows 10 :) I tried to uninstall and install all the USB drivers. There is an improvement - one Kinect can reach 28FPS and even 29.7. That's awesome compared to 15FPS, you know.

But when I connect 2 Kinects, one is 25FPS (which is not that bad) and the second is 9FPS.

I will try to check out the links you gave to me and rollback updates, but why this happens? Why? What causes the bad FPS?

Author:  vmaslov [ Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: XBOX360 Kinect - Low frame rate - PLEASE HELP!

If I knew exact reasons I would resolve your issue in a matter of minutes :)

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/