Change font size
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:27 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlDrt1LRVkA

When i process the motion through the Ipisoft, the hips get all weird (both the models have it but if you are looking for raw animation i didn't modify then look at the middle model) No matter how much i fix it, it bends oddly where the hips stick out. also the right hand and the left leg mess up the most. Can someone help me with this or know how to fix this

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:19 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
From the description on YouTube I see that you used 3 PS Eye cameras for this mocap. Is that correct?
Can you share your project and video files? Without them it's hard to judge what's cuasing the issues in animation. This could be inappropriate clothing/lighting or tracking settings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:12 pm 

From what I see by only the video, is the leg is most likely a clothing fit, or color issue, the hip issue is most likely due to incorrect leg sizing, you might try placing the lowest pelvis joint closer to groin and the thigh joints will end up more near the middle of the butt, but you may not have a rear facing cam to see this with only 3 cams.

If doing basic standing motions, no need to use very flex spine, if that is also the setting you used.

The arm is most likely being occluded from the cam needed, this makes the arm snap closer to the body usually, looks like the issue anyway.

Send iPi the files needed and they will look into it more, but 3 cams is the bare minimum just to get the software to work with PS Eyes, so you wouldn't get the best tracking anyway, but more attention to clothing color, saturated darker colors work better and tighter fitting clothing helps.

Better equal ambient lighting may be needed, that doesn't always mean brighter lighting, just more equal around the performer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:10 am 

Watching the video again I think it's mostly because I was wearing a white shirt, and didn't even realize the white wall i had, Whoopies. I was thinking of getting rid of the 3 ps eyes and just go for the kinects. easier to set up and I don't have to have alot of space. thanks for the help anyways

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:37 am 

Even if you switch to Kinect v1 or v2, your clothing should be more on the tighter fitting side and the iPi skeleton should be set up correctly to match the human bone structure bone lengths and positions of joints and also use a much thinner overall mass and close height of the iPi Actor will help.

I also found, by using tips from other experienced Kinect users, to wear thicker soled shoes, as it helps Kinects view more of the foot for better data recording.

Good luck!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]