Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:03 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:19 pm 

I've recently been dabbling into the world of poser, but I find that motion capture makes a video truly look professional (its the next large step). I've been wanting to be able to make my own motion capture in my own home for cgi videos. I know what a bvh and .bip files are, and Im really excited about this program. But could anyone explain the entire thing from square 1? I have 30 days to decide if I want it, but i wont buy If i cannot learn it. I have 2 standered def video camcorders, 3 if you count a 10fps camera.

Katman1245
PS if you are interested in my work, check me out here
http://www.youtube.com/user/Katman1245

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:10 am 
iPi Soft

We'll be releasing video tutorials soon, for now I can recommend reading User Guide that comes with Trial Version.

Unfortunately, our application only supports USB/FireWire cameras for now. Anyway, camcorders are not very practical for use with our system. One of the problems is their narrow field of view. That means you need very big space (like a large studio) to be able to set them up so that actor is visible in full height. By contrast, webcams usually have wide angle lenses and can be used in small room.

10 FPS webcam is not fast enough for motion capture. You need 30 FPS cameras for good results.

Recommended cameras are Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 webcams (should cost around $70 on Newegg) or Philips webcams (preferably latest models).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:59 pm 

I have a DCR-DVD403, and theres no driver to make it stream via usb. But I will use the RCA's and an adapter to usb. It has a wide lens. May get a quickcam.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:54 am 

Is there anyway to suspend my trial until I get the right setup? I don't want my 30 days to end while im not testing it out or I willl not buy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 am 
iPi Soft

Katman1245 wrote:
Is there anyway to suspend my trial until I get the right setup? I don't want my 30 days to end while im not testing it out or I willl not buy.

Just send me an email as soon as you need extended trial, and I will send you an extension license.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]