Change font size
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:55 am 
iPi Soft

Thanks for your comments.

Greenlaw wrote:
BTW, in a future version, it would nice to be able to zoom into the timeline so I can accurately see the individual frames. Right now, with the full timeline always visible, it gets a bit tricky when trying to set the range and current frame to exact frames. As a reference, Fusion has a good timeline interface for this. Vegas Pro is pretty good too.

Yes, timeline must be upgraded with zoom option. It is in the works.

What is Fusion, by the way?

Greenlaw wrote:
Calibration seemed to go well, though it took a very long time.

What codec do you use?
What video card do you use?

Using MJPEG codec and fast video card (like GeForce GT 250 and up) should result in faster 2D marker tracking step. The calculations in the end of calibration are not GPU accelerated, but the 2D marker tracking step is GPU accelerated. A codec like MJPEG helps DirectShow to move faster from frame to frame and therefor results in noticeable speed up compared to XVID.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:15 am 

Hi,

Just to clarify, tracking process does go relatively quickly. It's just the last part of calibration, as you've noted in another post, that can go very slowly.

As recommended, I am using Morgan MJPEG, which is working out great! When I edited my footage in Vegas, it saved the edit without recompressing, which was a nice bonus.

Fusion is a high-end compositing program made by Eyeon. It's what we use in my department at work for compositing and visual fx. (The rest of the studio uses a proprietary system.) The timeline in Fusion is actually fairly standard for a program like this; you can zoom and slide the timeline, visually mark first frame, last frame, and your 'render' range separately, or by numeric input in fields at each end of the timeline, etc.

It sounds like you guys are already planning something like this (with the addition of a range for the clean plate.) Keep up the great work, guys!

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:46 am 

Quote:
After first pass, you should visually check captured motion, and you may want to manually correct something and re-track some parts of it.

How do you manually correct something? I can sometimes use the "rotate" control to rotate a joint, but often not; and "move" just seems to move the entire figure, not one particular joint.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:06 am 
iPi Soft

Groot wrote:
Quote:
After first pass, you should visually check captured motion, and you may want to manually correct something and re-track some parts of it.

How do you manually correct something? I can sometimes use the "rotate" control to rotate a joint, but often not; and "move" just seems to move the entire figure, not one particular joint.

Currently, the only way to manually correct something is to manually edit the pose in problematic frame and then do "Track Forward" from that frame. This helps if there was a tracking error because of some complex transition from one pose to another. Very often, just one frame with a pose not distinctive for tracker can cause lots of subsequent frames to be recognized incorrectly. That's why correcting one frame and repeating tracking can help.

If problem persists and you cannot fix the problem by correcting just one or two frames and repeating "Track Forward", we recommend that you re-record the video with improved lighting or better background. Manually editing lots of frames is not a good solution, and our tools for manual clean up are very primitive as of yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:47 pm 

Thanks. I'll try fixing one problematic frame and re-starting the tracking.

But partly my question is about how to use those editing tools, even for fixing just one frame. I can get "rotate" to work, somewhat. But I can't seem to move individual joints; the "move" command moves the entire figure. Is "rotate" the only frame-editing tool?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:37 pm 
iPi Soft

The "move" command moves the entire figure, that's correct.

You can use "IK" (Inverse Kinematics) tool to move hands/feet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:39 pm 

Ahh, OK. I always turn off IK in Poser (because of bugs in Poser's IK implementation), but I will try it with iPi shortly. Thanks!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3