Change font size
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Single Camera Tutorial?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:05 am 

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about the software as i just installed the studio trail version.
Im a complete newbee in this so sorry if i sound stupid :)

Is it possible to use the software with only one camera? if yes can someone point me out to a tutorial where i can start playing around with it.

Many thanks in advanced

All the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:03 am 

In theory, yes, you can use one camera. However, without the additional depth resolved from using multiple cameras, your tracking isn't going to be very accurate for 3D animation. In general, the result of single camera mocap might be passable if your actor isn't walking around the scene, and he's more or less just standing in front of the camera like a news reporter performing only modest actions.

I saw single camera example somewhere in this forum or on the website. It was basically a person standing in place, moving his arms and resting his hands on his hips. From a specific angle (the original camera position,) the motion looks okay, when you move the 3D camera in iPi, the problem is revealed: the hands that appeared to be 'resting' on the hips are actually nowhere near the hips. Sometimes you can correct things like this without too much extra effort, but only if the errors are modest.

Short answer: This is just my opinion, but you really want at least two cameras in your setup. It will save you time and disappointment.

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:54 am 
iPi Soft

rick wrote:
Is it possible to use the software with only one camera? if yes can someone point me out to a tutorial where i can start playing around with it.

Single-camera mode in current version is still experimental and is not officially released yet. Most users expressed interest in multi-camera mode so we concentrate on developing multi-camera version. We still think single-camera mode can be useful for some motions so we plan to get back to it in the future.

You can find tutorial on single-camera mode in iPi Studio User Guide (Help->Contents).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]