Change font size
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:45 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: I need a Help!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:37 am 

Hi

I'm new client software and I'm confused as to the steps to make the catch. I'm recording videos with 3 cameras, but they are all different.
I wish someone could pass me all the steps to perform the capture. Since the definition of the degrees of cameras to capture.

thanks very much

Post subject: Re: I need a Help!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:25 pm 
iPi Soft

What are exact models of your cameras?

1) Use iPi Camera Calibration Tool to find out Field of View (FOV) for each of your cameras. Basically, this means printing a checkered pattern from iPi Camera Calibration Tool, making 3 photos of it (per camera) and processing it with iPi Camera Calibration Tool. If you have trouble processing photos, you can post calibration photos on forum or send them to me, and we will help you to do calibration.

2) Record multi-camera video using iPi Recorder.

3) Use FOVs from step1 when processing video in iPi Studio.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:53 pm 

Thank you for your explanation

Meanwhile, i done the capture with these webcams: one Genius M 310, D-Link and the notebook`s camera. These capture was not good, so i am searching the best cameras to realize the capture. It's possible to realize a good capture with these cameras? If not possible, what is the best model of camera to working?

About the configuration of iPi Camera Calibration. What am i have to do? I have to take a photo of each camera, and open these photos in Camera Calibration in the same time?

Awaite Response!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:08 pm 
iPi Soft

willrs wrote:
Meanwhile, i done the capture with these webcams: one Genius M 310, D-Link and the notebook`s camera. These capture was not good, so i am searching the best cameras to realize the capture. It's possible to realize a good capture with these cameras? If not possible, what is the best model of camera to working?

We recommend Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 cameras.

willrs wrote:
About the configuration of iPi Camera Calibration. What am i have to do? I have to take a photo of each camera, and open these photos in Camera Calibration in the same time?

Yes, you have to take multiple (at least 3) photos of the pattern with each camera. Then open them in iPi Camera Calibration Tool and hit "Calibrate".

If you are using Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 cameras, you can skip this step, because Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 cameras is known to have diagonal FOV of 75 degrees.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:13 am 

Hi,

I tried to find a program that combines two cameras in one frame over directshow filter.
(So that the streaming video of two usb cams are streamed in one stitched frame over directshow) Does anybody know of such a program - do you offer that? (it would be amazing)?

I want to detect faces (which also works with a recorded video) but it would take double the time than (capture ---> save ---> detect). And i need a wide angle (without distortion). That is why i thought of two cameras

So here are my questions:

I need a high fps (20) and a possibly high resolution.
Does ipi recorder support also 720p video resolution or even higher with two cameras or is there a limit? (have to know before i buy the cameras)

How can i include the other codecs like MJPG or divx as they don't appear in the set codecs?

Cameras: I thought of these possibilities: two firefly mv (1,3 mp/ 23 fps) or two Lifecam Cinema or two logitech 9000.

(Speaking of the two webcams (do they really deliver 30 fps at 720p? compared to the 300 dollars firefly that does 23 fps and a lower resolution...?)

Many Thanks in advance!

Jo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:40 pm 
iPi Soft

Hi,

You can use free iPi Recorder to record synchronized multi-camera video:

http://www.ipisoft.com/iPiRecorder.php

At present, iPi Recorder supports resolutions of up to 640x480. Support for higher resolutions is in the works.

iPi Recorder uses Video for Windows codecs. We recommend Morgan Multimedia MJPEG (for WinXP) or Mainconcept MJPEG or PICVideo MJPEG for Vista.

Future versions of iPi Recorder will be able to use camera's on-board MJPEG compressor, this should enable video capture at high resolutions even on slow PCs.

Please note that Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 cannot capture at hi-res (1600x1200) at 30 fps - this is a hardware limitation. It can do 800x600 at 30 fps or 1600x1200 at 5 fs.

According to Microsoft marketing, Microsoft Lifecam Cinema can capture HD at 30 fps. We don't have this camera as of yet (it is new and they don't sell it in our region for now). I suspect that Lifecam Cinema's "30 fps HD" in low-light is actually 15 fps HD, just as it was in older MS cameras. If you test this cam, we would appreciate your sharing of your experience on this forum.

PointGrey Firefly (FireWire version) should be very good for synchronized multi-camera recording. PointGrey has automatic camera synchronization in all cameras (supported by hardware and drivers). PointGrey drivers are very good and well-documented. Unfortunately, we don't have support for PointGrey cameras at present. iPi Recorder will be released as Open Source soon, so you will be able to add support for Firefly yourself if you are interested.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]