Change font size
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: couple of questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:11 am 

Hi all, just dowmloaded ipi and ready to give it a whirl.

My questions are:

How good is ipi in single camera mode and is it easy to get going ,as I've just imported an AVI and the 3d model seems to have a mind of its own. What are the best conditions for filming in single camera mode?

Is there any chance anyone could post a BVH file of a sucessful MOCAP so that I can see if it will convert in Iclone, as this is where I am wanting to use the software?

Thanks in advance

neut

Post subject: Re: couple of questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:12 am 

Hey neut - good to see you here!

I saw a data sample file on the gallery page of this site:
http://www.ipisoft.com/animation/shoot3 ... view02.bvh

Cheers!
HH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:22 am 
iPi Soft

neut wrote:
How good is ipi in single camera mode

Single-camera mode is still experimental. It should work only for very simple motions where actor is standing and both hands are visible.

neut wrote:
...I've just imported an AVI and the 3d model seems to have a mind of its own. What are the best conditions for filming in single camera mode?

Please check your background and clothing on video. Cluttered background or unsupported clothing may be causing problems. See User Guide (Help->Content) for details.

neut wrote:
...if it will convert in Iclone, as this is where I am wanting to use the software?

Support for simplified iClone import/export is not there yet, but you can try exporting BVH in native iPi rig and convert it using iClone tools.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:33 am 

Hey Hathead, how are you? long time no speak, thanks for that I'll give it go.

Thanks for the response Michael, do you think that eventually you will be able to do more complex movements with single camera mode, as being a general consumer, the step up from single camera to multi camera is something of a steep step for me with regards to cost. Not that wouldn't pay it, (as this is the sort of thing I have been looking for, for a long time) just that I could probably never afford it.

Cheers

Neut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:06 pm 
iPi Soft

neut wrote:
do you think that eventually you will be able to do more complex movements with single camera mode

I cannot make any promises about the system that is still in development. We will publish single-camera version as soon as it is ready, and then you will be able to evaluate it and see if it fits for your needs. We will also publish videos of single-camera system in action as soon as we have something to show.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]