Change font size
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:48 am 

Yeah, I went shopping for a black T-shirt a couple days ago -- and when I got home, I realized I'd bought sleeveless black T-shirts. Sigh. I do have a jet-black short-sleeve dress shirt I could wear over my red sleeves, but for now I'm getting very good torso tracking even with a dark green T-shirt.

The main glitches I'm getting right now are with the arms and hands. I'm still tempted to try a bright-yellow pair of gloves or something. That said, I can live with arm glitches; they're a lot easier to clean up (in, say, Poser) than leg or hip glitches. Also, iPi has no head tracking yet, but again head animation is relatively easy to add in Poser. The crucial thing for me is fluid leg/hip/torso motion, and I'm getting that now, more or less. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:41 pm 
iPi Soft

Groot wrote:
1. Why do we need a codex at all?

Modern hard drives are not quick enough to record uncompressed video. And recording to RAM is also not an option because 5 minutes of uncompressed video take more space then any practical amount of RAM allows.

Latest version of iPi Recorder has integrated MJPEG codec, I hope it resolves problems with external codecs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:45 pm 
iPi Soft

Groot wrote:
Does iPi Studio work better or faster with compressed video?

Main reason for using video compression is for hard drive to be able to record video in real time.

MJPEG compression with maxed out quality looks almost as good as uncompressed video. In general, compression artifacts (if noticeable at all) do not seriously affect markerless motion capture.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:52 pm 
iPi Soft

Greenlaw wrote:
From what I was told, yes, keeping the cameras in sequence is important. I don't think it matters if it's clockwise or counter, just that they follow a circular pattern. I think this helps the tracker. I was also told that your 'main' camera should be camera one.

Be careful when dragging the panels in order--I found that it's easy to get turned around and get the order completely mixed up from I thought I was doing.

Once recorded, the camera panels are set, but you can fix this in a compositing program. I use Fusion to correct this, but AE will work fine too. You can actually do this in Photoshop too using an Action, but you are then dealing with frames of course, which means another conversion to video again before iPi Studio can use the data.

Actually, this would be a great feature for a future version of iPi Studio: the ability to rearrange the order of pre-recorded video panels in DMC. Please, Michael? :)

When processing video, you can re-arrange cameras to be in absolutely any order. Just move the cameras manually (using "Orbit" control on "Camera" panel).

It is only important that the order of cameras is exactly the same in calibration video and in action video.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2