Change font size
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:29 pm 

http://www.thecaptury.com/

What do you think guys? The Captury vs iPi Soft ?

What I like in Captury (and of course I don't know if it's actually such high precision or rigged videos) is that biped rig adjusts automatically to the height of the actor, that it's possible to do all kind of mocaps, not just on the floor and not just with humans, and the precision is just crazy - no jittering, no awkwardly twisted hands/feet.

Does iPi have at least adjustable height of the humanoid rig in the very nearest future plans ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:27 am 

It looks really amazing, but I think its looks a bit to amazing. I would be very careful by trust there videos. Keep in mind that you have seen a trailer, no user generated test.
If it really perform as promised this would be great, but on the other hand the price with 1999€ (for one year!) is incredible high. It seems they focus on professional users and companies, not me ;)
Furthermore until now I've found no documentation like ipisoft and any software is only as good as the documentation.
My opinion...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:46 am 

That's why I am a bit suspicious about that new app.

Regardless, having adjustable rig in iPi seems to be a must-have feature. I don't know if devs thought all people are the same height or something :/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:09 am 

iPi Mocap Studio 3 has an adjustable actor--in fact, this feature was introduced yesterday. :D

iPi Mocap Studio updated to 3.2.0.182

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:20 am 

oooh, that is sweet! Thanks devs!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:32 pm 

That program sucks, I tested it when they used to have a trial, looks like they removed it, it would have been bad for sales anyway, no precision what so ever!!

Might as well keyframe animate!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:19 pm 

Snapz wrote:

That program sucks, I tested it when they used to have a trial, looks like they removed it, it would have been bad for sales anyway, no precision what so ever!!

Might as well keyframe animate!

Which one? Captury or iPi ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm 

Captury, since topic was on that.

It has no real way to lock definitively on the performer, like iPi uses colors, so bones just wander around within the actor size.

Looks better on videos, but actual program needs work.

iPi is a dream compared to it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:59 pm 

Aye, good to know :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:29 am 

I also tried the Captury trial and it was a disaster. I only got as far as to try to track their footage and after some trial and error, reading some documentation, asking some help from the devs (which they replied) I still didn't got to their level of accuracy. Oh and btw, the level of accuracy of their latest videos (at the time I tried the trial) was getting worse that the ones they showed at the beginning.

And the software is so cumbersome to use, I mean iPi is rather straightforward, for Captury you kind of need to understand how their algorithm works to know how to tweak the settings.

In the end I just asked the devs to give me the setting for what they think will produce the highest level of tracking quality on their example footage. Still produced worse results then iPi with a lot more processing time.

So ... I don't know, maybe they need to tweak it some more or it is just bad and that's it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]