Change font size
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: capture movement only
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:26 pm 

So I'm trying to find a solution for a rather specific use case, and I'm wondering if this software could do it. Basically, I need to track actors' movements around a room. I don't really care about facing, or what their hands/feet are doing, I just need to know where they are standing in real space, and get that motion track into a 3ds max, unity, or unreal model of the room.

I appreciate any thoughts anyone might have on this.

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:39 pm 

More explanation of exactly what you're attempting would be needed first off, but...

This type of capturing will limit your movement space, depending on camera system used (Kinect or PS Eyes).

Most game engines using animations use controllers for movements and blend scenarios that call the motions, so knowing your movements in space of a game isn't usually needed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:36 pm 

Well, this isn't for a game. I literally only need to track where the actors move in a room, and put that motion track into an unreal model of the room. Imagine I wanted to have a box that moved when the actors moved, but it needed to exactly replicate their path through the room. Not their facing or anything, just their path, in the x and y axes, and move and stop when they do. Trying to explain why I need this I think would go over the character count for this forum. Heh.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:23 pm 

Technically you could do that but if all you just want is a tracked point to bring into your 3D program, wouldn't it make more sense to use a dedicated 3D tracking program like SyntheEyes or PF Track?

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:38 am 

Well, really wouldn't even need a tracking program at all to just make a path for an object to follow, you could make it follow any path you chose, but if you are trying to just get lower body skeletal tracking for foot and hip movement, then yes, you could track the motion to a point with iPi.

Really no one will understand your concept with so few details on description. Probably several ways to do what you want ~shrugs~

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]