Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Motion Capture Actors
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:54 pm 

Hello everyone - I am an actor who also has a very imaginitive background in performance art and animation. I portray mythological creatures, animals, and a variety of stage skills. Also, I am in SAG/AFTRA for voice and character, comedy, and improvistion. Additionally, I work as a foley artist on films and TV. My VO work includes many accents etc... How can I help animators and MoCap studios with my acting skills? Is there a community of MoCap Actors here on this board? How can I reach out? Any of you create MoCap demo reels for MoCap actors? If you have any suggestions, I appreciate your help!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:24 am 
iPi Soft

There is no specific community of mocap artists at this forum.
Have you checked http://www.themocapvaults.com/?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:03 pm 

Aha! Yes now I have, and I have contact with some wondeful people there - workshop on the horizon! I hope to continue this thread for artists/actors to be able to share ideas with the "Otherside" of the lens/glass, so to speak. We are a team of collaborators <3.

Thank you for the suggestion. Truly helped.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:22 am 

Another mocap actor checking in! Just downloaded iPi Recorder to pair with my Kinect 360 - for fun and home experiments. Definitely thinking longer term about whether it would be a good idea to invest in a portable mocap studio (whether optical or Xsens) and bring talent and kit directly to indie developers.

Would love to hear feedback on whether there's a desire for this amongst games makers. (or anyone else!)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]