Change font size
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: ipi locked format
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:26 am 

Hi
I've saved ipi scene in locked format, then I bought license, hoping that somehow I can unlock it on licensed software, and it is not possible. May I ask why? Is there any
way to unlock it?

Post subject: Re: ipi locked format
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:45 am 

You will have to re-track the video and Save again as the iPiMotion file format.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:02 am 
iPi Soft

rogalag wrote:
Hi
I've saved ipi scene in locked format, then I bought license, hoping that somehow I can unlock it on licensed software, and it is not possible. May I ask why? Is there any
way to unlock it?

Otherwise, one could use an expired trial the software for unlimited time on several PCs (by multiple users) and then get all results with a single 3 months license.

You got warning when creating a locked project:
Locked project format (*.iPiLocked) does not allow animation export. Please process your video with full version and save the project in ordinary format (*.iPiMotion) to be able to export animation.
Let us know if and how we can make this statement more clear.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 am 

I figured since the OP already bought a single user license, re-tracking was the only choice.

True though, if you know your set up is calibrated well for each recording session, which can simply be checked in an expired Studio trial that the tracking works fine for around 30 frames, then you can record over days, or weeks and get well named folder file groupings together and purchase a 3 month license that corresponds to camera set up used and track them all later for export.

Probably not the most optimal solution, but is possible, since it wasn't stated by OP what license version, or length was purchased at this point, or which camera set up was used.

It's also possible if working as a team in individual locations, if each team member has the ability to set up the cameras correctly, they can each record actions since the Recorder is FREE to use, then share the video and calibration files for each session either through Google Drive or similar, or over a shared network, this can be done with different camera set ups also, PS Eyes or Kinect sensor set ups, (I don't mean mixing the cams together for one recording which isn't possible), mostly this would depend on how extreme the actions recorded would be for the quality of the tracking output.

This is a way to spread the workload out, especially if motions are used for movie making, (it could get confusing though if the recordings aren't named well by each recorder), then buying one license on the best hardware configured machine to do the processing (tracking), buying the corresponding license to handle the camera set ups used, (Basic version works well for most recording, (6 PS Eyes or Dual Kinects), but multiple close proximity performer recording this way would be best to buy the Pro Version for more camera coverage), then the exported animation files can be sent back for animation clean up to other team members.

Shared source download times would vary depending on the connection speeds, since full video editing can not be used without a valid Studio license, but any 3-6 PS Eye or up to Dual Kinect recording can be saved in shorter takes by using the expired Studio trial and using the ROI slider and sending only the best takes, if several of the same action was recorded at once.

The video doesn't need to be tracked at all, just Opened and Saved as iPiLocked format and shared to the main processing machine for full processing, it is an extra step, as the Project file would have to then be shared with the video and calibration files also, but is an option.

I am not sure of the camera amount limits on the Studio trial version, if it only handles up to 6 PS Eyes or Dual Kinects? Maybe iPi will reply to this limit? but I believe it is 6 PS Eyes or Dual Kinects.

Just a scenario for use of the program.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]