Change font size
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:53 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:51 pm 

I see. i guess I done goofed.
I have to cancel few orders.

I was concerned because I did some recordings already and when I did some squats and sumo palm thrusts my hands seem to meld into my torso for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:39 pm 

For a 'sumo squat', is it possible that the Kinect was positioned too high or too directly for Mocap Studio to see what you were doing? I think the ideal height for a Kinect is about four feet but you might be able to vary it a little to help Mocap Studio with a difficult pose.

Sometimes you need to adjust your pose or the Kinect position for specific poses and actions. Usually, it's easier to turn your body a little sideways so the Kinect gets a clearer view of where your limbs are in relation to the rest of the body.

The best way to determine this is to study the cloud data. Could it be clearer to Mocap Studio if your body was facing a slightly different different angle? You can try the same pose, just a different orientation.

For example, sometimes when I record for walk cycles, I'll often face 3/4 to the devices to make it clearer what's happening at the far side of my body. (This may also give me a little extra walking distance.)

That said, low squats and crouches can sometimes be tricky. Chances are good that when you go down very low, a leg may flip out. Sometimes temporarily turning off the ground/feet tracking, or lowering the ground plane slightly can help minimize or eliminate this. You may need to fix the feet and lock them later but that's easier to correct in Mocap Studio or another animation program.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4