Change font size
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:18 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:34 am 

If I go with the two Kinect option, does that means I need to buy two Kinect Windows Adapters as well?

If I go with the 6 PS eye cameras option, what additional adapters/extenders I need to get to connect to my PC (it only has 3 USB slots). I'm using windows 10 by the way.

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:25 am 
iPi Soft

Hi

Yes, you need a PC adapter for each of Kinect devices (unless it's a Kinect v1 for Windows device which does not require a separate adapter).
If you use Kinect for XBOX One (Kinect v2) then you also need 2 PCs for recording as MS Kinect SDK support only 1 sensor per PC.
http://docs.ipisoft.com/Distributed_Recording

For PS Eyes you need some active USB 2.0 extension cables. Search for "USB 2.0 repeater" at Amazon. The number and lengths depend on your setup - size of the room, location of recording PC etc. Typically (single recording PC near capture area), for 6 cameras you'll need 2x 10m cables, 2x 5m cables and possibly 1-2x 3m passive cables.
Also, to get full 60 fps, each pair of PS Eye cameras needs to be connected to a separate USB controller. Given that your PC only has 3 USB ports (is it a laptop?), there are only 1-2 USB controllers available, so you need to get additional USB controller(s). For desktops we recommend PCIe cards based on NEC USB 3.0 chips. For laptops the only extension option we know is an Express Card to USB adapter, but it's not availble on modern laptops. Thus, for recording with 6 PS Eyes you'd better use a desktop PC or a couple of laptops and distributed recording feature mentioned above.
If you've got enough USB controllers (3 for 6 cameras) but insufficient ports, you may use USB splitter(s) to get additional ports.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:17 am 

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have a windows laptop. What is the memory requirement btw? I only have 4GB

Does the PC adapter for each of Kinect device require USB 3.0? I only have one usb slot on my laptop that is blue colored.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:31 am 
iPi Soft

Each Kinect v1 (for XBOX 360) needs a separate USB 2.0 controller (not port).
Each Kinect v2 (for XBOX One) needs a separate PC with USB 3.0 controller.
What version of Kinect do you plan to use?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:36 am 

When I plug in my PS eye camera the system doesn't recognize it but the green light is on. Are there drivers I need to install for the system to recognize it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:43 pm 

The PS3 Eye drivers should have been installed when you installed Recorder.

Try running the Installer again. You should see the option to install necessary drivers. It should look like this:

Attachment:
Drivers.jpg
Drivers.jpg [ 93.25 KiB | Viewed 379 times ]

If the drivers were not installed previously, make sure to enable them here.

If that's not the problem, try rebooting your computer. It's possible that the drivers were installed but not activated yet. Rebooting should activate them.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:24 am 
iPi Soft

What green light do you mean? PS Eye camera only has blue and red lights.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]