Change font size
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 8   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: PlayStation 3 Camaras
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:44 am 

What is the deal now with the PlayStation 3 camaras. You are able to use them and are they any better or cheaper than the Logitech Pro 9000? I just read in the Announcement forum that the Recorded has been upgraded for their use. Thanks...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:12 am 

I'm interessted in this topic too. Another Question: Does the free driver also support a Multi-Camera-Setup in IPI Recorder? Because they have a seperat package "CL-Eye Platform Pack"(http://codelaboratories.com/products/eye/packs/) for $35 that features multicamsetups.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:16 am 

I'm interessted in this topic too. Another question: Does the free driver also support Multi-Camera-Setup in IPI Recorder. Because on their site the offer a special package that supports multicamerausage (http://codelaboratories.com/products/eye/packs/) for $35.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:19 pm 
iPi Soft

InfoCentral wrote:
What is the deal now with the PlayStation 3 camaras. You are able to use them and are they any better or cheaper than the Logitech Pro 9000? I just read in the Announcement forum that the Recorded has been upgraded for their use. Thanks...

PlayStation 3 cameras are better and are highly recommended.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:29 pm 
iPi Soft

rolkalt wrote:
I'm interessted in this topic too. Another question: Does the free driver also support Multi-Camera-Setup in IPI Recorder. Because on their site the offer a special package that supports multicamerausage (http://codelaboratories.com/products/eye/packs/) for $35.

You don't need the $35 driver. We don't recommend it.

iPi Recorder only requires the free driver from codelaboratories.com to register WinUSB as a default driver for PSEye camera (that is, add a couple of records to registry). iPi Recorder works with multiple cameras using iPi Driver.

Many people prefer to have both iPi driver (for iPi Recorder) and codelaboratories.com driver (for using PS Eye camera via DirectShow - for example, to use it in Skype etc.) at the same time. For iPi and codelaboratories.com drivers not to conflict, we decided to let codelaboratories.com driver to be installed first; iPi driver then uses codelaboratories.com's registry records.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:48 pm 

Michael Nikonov wrote:
InfoCentral wrote:

Really? That's very interesting. I notice they are a bit cheaper too (Amazon has them for $32 for example.) Could you explain what the difference is, how they are better, and post some examples? I already have the Logitech cameras but may be interested in switching to PS3 Eye cameras if the difference is dramatic. Thanks in advance for any info.

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:28 pm 

If this camera can 100% track the arms for DMC usually fails tracking the arms compared to the legs, I am buying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:45 am 

Michael Nikonov wrote:
rolkalt wrote:

You don't need the $35 driver. We don't recommend it.

iPi Recorder only requires the free driver from codelaboratories.com to register WinUSB as a default driver for PSEye camera (that is, add a couple of records to registry). iPi Recorder works with multiple cameras using iPi Driver.

Many people prefer to have both iPi driver (for iPi Recorder) and codelaboratories.com driver (for using PS Eye camera via DirectShow - for example, to use it in Skype etc.) at the same time. For iPi and codelaboratories.com drivers not to conflict, we decided to let codelaboratories.com driver to be installed first; iPi driver then uses codelaboratories.com's registry records.

That are good news. Thank you! We ordered 4 of them now and I will post my experience.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:55 pm 

Quote:

I hope you weren't joking, Michael ... just ordered 4 myself. :)
(although at $132 total, perhaps I can use them for something else if they don't work out)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:21 pm 

wailingmonkey wrote:
Quote:

I hope you weren't joking, Michael ... just ordered 4 myself. :)
(although at $132 total, perhaps I can use them for something else if they don't work out)

Sigh! I'm with you. I caved in and ordered four PS3 cameras too. :)

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 8   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next