Change font size
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 8   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:18 pm 

Yes.

The next question should be: is the laptop fast enough to capture from four PS3 Eye cameras? If you have a built-in secondary drive or SSD, it might be. If you're planning to use an external drive, it will probably need to be a fast drive connected to a fast ExpressCard. I don't think a standard USB drive will be fast enough--maybe USB 3.0? I would got with SSD if possible. Hope this helps.

Sorry, I don't have any recent experience using a laptop with iPi DMC but hopefully somebody who does will respond soon. Personally, I didn't have any luck getting my old laptops to work with iPi DMC and multiple PS3 Eyes and Kinects but I imagine some more recent models could handle it.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:14 am 

Greenlaw wrote:
If you have a built-in secondary drive or SSD, it might be. I would got with SSD if possible. Hope this helps..

I was thinking of swapping out a SSD in my laptop but then that would require installing the OS too which is a major pain. This is the one time I wish there was a Linux version even though I have never used it before. I hate having to pay for each computer I own.

Greenlaw wrote:
I didn't have any luck getting my old laptops to work with iPi DMC and multiple PS3 Eyes and Kinects but I imagine some more recent models could handle it.

I only want to use the laptop for recording and then use the desktop for processing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:51 am 

InfoCentral wrote:
Greenlaw wrote:
I didn't have any luck getting my old laptops to work with iPi DMC and multiple PS3 Eyes and Kinects but I imagine some more recent models could handle it.

I only want to use the laptop for recording and then use the desktop for processing.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to do but my old laptop is just too old and my new one is too underpowered for mocap. I think newer laptops with the appropriate specs should be able to handle this much data though, especially with iPi 2.0's newer, more efficient capture format.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 8   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8