Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 8   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:53 pm 

Thanks! We just got the four cameras and have some new problems now, though.

First, we installed them with the CLeye driver, and the cameras only seem to work in one port. It doesn't matter which camera, but they all only work in the same front port.

Second, and probably more important, the cameras aren't being detected by IPI Recorder. They're all plugged in (including one plugged into the port where they usually work) and they all have their blue lights on, but IPI Recorder says "No cameras detected or selected, please connect camera(s) and click here"

We have all the cameras connected (we've tried disconnecting and reconnecting them) and clicking "here" does nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:48 pm 

FYI, iPi Studio officially uses the PrimeSensor drivers that come with iPi Studio installer. (PrimeSense is the people who developed the Kinect for Microsoft.) If you've installed a third party Kinect driver, follow the directions in the iPi wiki for removing it. I think you can install an unofficial driver if you want to but if it's installed before the PrimeSensor driver it may interfere with iPi Recorder and the Kinect. (IMO, if you're not using the Kinect with software other than iPi Recorder, I would just stick with the official drivers.)

Hope this info helps.

G.

Edit: Whoops! I totally misread your post; I see that you're using PS3 Eye cameras of course, so ignore what I just wrote. But you should still completely remove any PS3 Eye drivers you have installed, plus remove all the iPi Software. Next, do a clean reinstall of ONLY the iPi Software, which should install and configure the PS3 Eye drivers for you.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:58 pm 

Well, we made some progress--did the reinstalling like you said, and actually got a list of (3) cameras this time, but then it gave an error message: "winusb control transfer failed"

We tried unplugging one of the cameras, and that worked, so we can use two (one plugged into the front, one in the back), but that's it. I'm guessing this is a controller bandwidth problem?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:54 pm 

Maybe it's possible that part of the second controller's bandwidth is being used by something internal? Just guessing. Do you have anything else plugged into a USB port, either externally or internally? Keyboard and mouse should be okay and shouldn't interfere but a USB hard drive will likely cause bandwidth problems. If you need to connect an external drive to the computer it should be on a separate controller.

For example, I have a separate eSATA card to connect a RAID to my laptop when using the Kinect. On the desktop with four/six PS3 cameras, I have the SSD plugged directly into the MB, but I also have a SATA 6GB drive (non-RAID) on its own controller card in that system which I've successfully used for capture with four cameras. With either of these system, an external USB 2 or SATA 2 was not fast enough to capture full res/speed even with only four cameras. The main thing is to keep anything major, besides the cameras, off the USB controllers.

G.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:02 am 

So I bought 4 x Logitech 9000s awhile back but have been waiting until I had a big enough place to really try this out. Are the PS3 cameras that much better that you guys would recommend selling my Logitechs and getting those instead?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:27 am 

Yes, PS3 Eye cameras are much easier to use and the results are much better (twice the frame rate, and significantly better color consistency and image quality.) With the Logitech camera there's a lot of fiddling involved with getting the image quality to match between each camera--a real headache I thought. With the PS3 Eye you just plug it in and forget about it--they just match perfectly with no tweaking necessary. Finally, the PS3 Eye is a lot cheaper than the Logitech camera. IMO, can't argue any of these points.

The only issue with the PS3 Eye is that the small circular base is not as stable as the Logitech, but you can eaily mod the base to fit on a 1/4" screw mount like a tripod or security camera bracket. FYI, I use these wonderful inexpensive $13 stands from Cowboy Studio; they're perfect for these cameras, lightweight and sturdy. (Mine came with handy carrying cases but I"m not they still come with the cases.) To mount the cameras to these I used a $15 Helicoil kit to tap the base; the process takes just a couple of minutes if you have a vise and a small power drill. There's info about this elsewhere in this forum. Once tapped, the cameras will mount to anything with a 1/4 inch screw. (I shot a video showing the process but still haven't made time to edit and post it; maybe soon.) IMO, using a camera tripod is too expensive and overkill for these cameas because the PS3 Eye base is capable of swivel and tilt anyway.

As for my own Logitech cameras, I gave one to my wife to use as a webcam for her ukulele blog, and will probably give the others away to friends or family.

G.

Edit: regarding the lightstand case, when I bought my stands they cost 2 for $25 and included the cases. I see that they now sell the stands for $13 each without the case and $16 each with the case. Either way, these stands are a bargain.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:37 am 

Hi, I´m using a set of 3 cameras in order to do hand tracking, it's not for animation though.
I've already got the 3 cameras running in the iPi recorder, and I want to record with the 3 cameras but get a 3 video output ( a single video per camera), is it posible to do that with the iPi recorder?

Thanks,

IVAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:05 am 

Hi! I have 3 PS EYE cameras, Successfully installed and used them with IPIrecorder. Now I try to uninstall the driver but the uninstaller doesn't let me do it. Is there any solution?

I wan't to uninstall it in order to fix the cameras functionality with ZignTrack (facial tracking software).

It seems that IPIsoft driver and CL Driver (necessary to use ps eyes with ZIGNTRACK), are in conflict. Zigntrack only detect's one camera.

Does someone experienced the same problem? Has someone found any solution? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:53 am 
iPi Soft

Pimpollo wrote:
I have 3 PS EYE cameras, Successfully installed and used them with IPIrecorder. Now I try to uninstall the driver but the uninstaller doesn't let me do it. Is there any solution?

To uninstall iPi PS3 Driver please go to the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, select "iPi WinUSB Driver Registration for Sony PS3 Eye Camera" item, and click "Remove". It works absolutely correct.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 pm 

My laptop currently has only two usb 2 controllers. If I remember correctly you can safely accommodate 2 PS3 cameras per controller. So I can only use a 4 PS3 camera set-up max with this laptop. Is that correct?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 8   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next