Change font size
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:35 am 

Hi, I´m using a set of 3 cameras in order to do hand tracking, it's not for animation though.
I've already got the 3 cameras running in the iPi recorder, and I want to record with the 3 cameras but get a 3 video output ( a single video per camera), is it posible to do that with the iPi recorder?

Thanks,

IVAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:01 pm 

Yes you can do this, though it takes a workaround. After recording the motion, load the video in Studio. Select a camera and set your display settings to hide all 3D elements and show the video 100%. Now, save out an 'animation' file for that camera. The result will be the video output from that camera. Repeat this for each camera in the scene.

Note: I think the size of the video will be whatever the Studio window size is and I don't think you can specifiy video resolution. Check the output settings to be sure though though; I can't check this myself right now. If this isn't possible, then to get a specific resolution you may need to render an oversized video and then scale it down to the desired size in a another program. Not an ideal solution but it's doable.

Be aware that there is a 2GB limit to video output from iPi Studio. You can work around this by saving the video in smaller segments and assembling the complete video in an editor.

Hope this helps

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:08 pm 

Thank you very much, I will try this and see if it works. The bad thing is that I need to keep the frame rate, I'll check out the output settings and let you know how it works.

IVAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:21 pm 

I've tried what you said and it worked perfectly! I made a "video export", the video is still 640x480 and the frame rate is the same.

THank you very much!

IVAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:35 pm 

Excellent! I'm glad it worked out. :)

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]