Change font size
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:35 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:06 am 

I am working in a research idea. I am trying to use Two Kinect pointing down towards the floor, as I want to record babies in their crib. The ideal position is with the two Kinects pointing 45 degrees down, at 90 degrees from each other . This ideal angle is more that then i can get with the Kinect placed in a table and pointing down so I tried tilting the base of the Kinect. But when I try to do the calibration with the kinects in this position the lower parts of the actor get cut from the depth. So the actor has it' s back and anything close to the floor sliced. I have no problems if i set up the Kinects in an horizontal position and only the camera pointing down (not ideal for what I am trying to do). I tried multiple changes in the scene (move, pan, tilt orbit) and changes in the ground (background of the actor) hard floor, carpet, sheet. I can get more complete actor if I change the height of the camera into negative values but it still not enough. I am still using a free download and considering if the software will serve my purpose, but this is getting in the way. If I record the baby from the sides I loose precision in the recordings.

Anyone has an idea if I am doing something wrong or how/if I can fool the kinects to "think" that they are horizontal when they are not?.
Should I attach a video?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:59 am 
iPi Soft

Hello
When looking from above, actor's parts which are close to the floor, are considered as background, because the difference in depth with background (which is the floor) is very tiny in this case. It is a known issue, we will try to resolve it in future releases. You can do nothing with that but raise baby over background by several inches using some sort of support when making an action video.
FYI, our software is not good at capturing babies, because actor's model used for tracking cannot be adjusted to baby's proportions. However, it will be interesting to know if you can get some satisfactory results.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:39 am 
iPi Soft

I absolutely agree with Vasiliy (vmaslov) and I would like to add the following:

In the future, we will be working to optimize our system for biomedical applications, including mocap of babies. However, it may take long time because the task is complex. We would appreciate if you could send us a couple of sample videos.

http://wiki.ipisoft.com/User_Guide_for_ ... ch_support

I recommend that you do not post links to your videos on public forums because of potential privacy issues. Please send a link to us be email instead.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]