Change font size
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:54 am 

Hi,

I just made my first tests with a 4 PS Eye setup (wall-mounted), and all I can say is that I'm really happy with the results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKnO1-Vttfs

I'm now wondering what 2 more cameras would change: processing time would be slower, and I imagine some complex occlusions would be better resolved.

What about motion capture precision? Is it much improved when adding 2 more cameras? If that's the case, I could be tempted by a 6 cameras setup...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:01 am 
iPi Soft

Hi

In general, using more cameras gives more data to the tracking algorithm, and significantly reduces the number of tracking errors. Thus, you get less clean up work. However, for certain kinds of motions, the impact of 2 additional cameras may not be so valuable.
Also, as you fairly noted, processing time increases proportionally - 6 cams video will take 1.5 times more computations than 4 cams video.

If you are choosing between the Basic and Standard editions, it worth noting that the latter will feature two actors support as soon as it will be released.
Also, you can test 6 cams tracking with the trial version, all except for the animation export.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:01 am 

We are quite happy with our 6-camera setup. However, the sixth camera reduces the space that all cameras can see quite considerably (or we would need a bigger room). So, sometimes we use just 5 cameras. It doesn't have to be 4 or 6 cameras. With 5 of them we arrange them in a U shape rather than full circle. In addition, a camera that loses the sight of, e.g. feet at some point, generates more trouble than having it shut off completely. It would be nice to check after recording if you want some of the cameras disregarded...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]