Change font size
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:40 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: USB Problem!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:47 am 

Hi when I try to connect two kinect to my Pc in the iPi recorder it say (The USB connector to which the kinect sensor is attached does not have sufficient bandwidth. Or two kinects are using one and the same USB..)

I've read the guide before about that but it doesn't fix! I'm kind of noob. what should I do exactly? Please help

Post subject: Re: USB Problem!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 am 

USB Connectors and USB Controllers are not the same thing--you can have multiple USB ports connected to a single controller, so it's possible that you have both Kinects plugged into a single controller. Ideally, you will want each Kinect on its own USB controller.

Many desktop PC's have two controllers on-board. The easiest thing to do is try plugging the Kinects into different ports and see which combination works best for you. Assuming your computer has two controllers, plugging one in front and one in back might work. You should also check that your controllers aren't being used by other devices, like hard drives--in which case, you may need to unplug these devices.

If your computer has only one controller, you'll need to add a second one--you can do this by adding a USB controller card. (Not to be confused with a USB hub--a hub will only expand the number of ports to a single card, no the number of controllers.)

In my setup, for example, I have two on-board controllers but I also added two USB 3.0 controller cards. This covers the two Kinects I use, plus the existing controller hands the bluetooth dongle and multiple PS Move controllers it handles. When I need to switch to PS Eye, having the extra cards easily supports the six cameras.

I know you didn't ask about laptops but here additional info for other 'newbies' just discovering iPi Mocap Studio: Laptops may possibly have two on-board controllers but typically, one will be used by a built-in web-cam or other peripheral and you may need to disable the device using the controller. You may be able to add an additional USB controller by adding a USB Express card for it. I used to try working with a laptop but at the time I could not get enough bandwidth to make this practical. These days, laptops are more capable for capturing motion data but you'll probably still want to do your tracking on a desktop with a good gaming card.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:32 am 

Thanks a lot but how can I figure out my PC support two USB controler? My motherboard support USB3 and it isn't an old model ( ASUS P7P55D)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:33 pm 

Solved! Thanks

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]