Change font size
It is currently Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:15 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:02 am 

Hi all. I've got a 6 PS Eye camera rig set up in my garage and I'm having a nightmare getting it to track arms. I've painted the walls white, laid down groundsheets, messed around with the lighting, dressed like an idiot to get all the colour contrasts as easy as possible for the software, but it still won't track very well.

Using pose mismatch and other tools I then realised it's probably because three of my cameras have good colour saturation and three of them are horribly washed out. The pose mismatch feature shows my torso and arms being completely lost in the three washed out cameras, as they want red and black and aren't really seeing it.

I tried all the manual config options to no avail, then swapped the USB cables around different ports but the bad cameras went with them. In the end I dismounted cameras 5 (bad) and 6 (good) and physically swapped them around. You can see the results in the attached screengrab - now position 6 with camera 5 is washed out and position 5 with camera 6 is good. So it's the actual camera itself, there seems to be a significant difference, seemingly at random, between cameras, they either have good colour or washed out colour.

Cameras 2 and 4 are also bad. My red t-shirt is in the centre of the stage for reference. You can see why IPISoft loses track of me on those cameras!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a better fix than "keep buying PSEye cameras off ebay until you've got a matching set"? Two of the cameras are rev1 and four are rev2 according to the model numbers and the USB Hardware ID properties, so it's not even a revision in hardware :(

It's really annoying me as I used to have a 3 camera Logitech setup under v1 of the software that worked better than this in the end :)

-Ian

Attachments:
File comment: Colour saturation differences between identical cameras
camera colour differences.jpg
camera colour differences.jpg [ 145.65 KiB | Viewed 2535 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:10 pm 

as I answer you in the other post you made with the same problem, it`s the cameras the problem. Fortunately, for me, I can go to galleries here in my country(Peru) that sells cameras and all sorts of ps3 accessories and test them before buying them . the one that I bought and it was washed out, I just didn't realize that it was like that when I bought it, I remember they test it with a PlayStation 3 which surprisingly it doesn't look washed out unlike in ipi record . Now that cam was useful for me when I bought camera 5,6,7 and 8 because I could compare those new 4 cameras with the one that was wash out and this way be sure that the new cams are in good condition. You have to replace 3 cameras now and even buy 5 cameras in case you want to use 8 cams , so I advice you to look for a place where they sell ps3 cams and you can go and test them before buying them , and take one washed out cam to compare and be sure that the new cams work well

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:09 pm 
iPi Soft

We recommend that you try different camera options in iPi Recorder. If this is a software problem, you should see some changes in saturation when you turn off auto-exposure and play with saturation and other settings. If you do not see any changes, then this may be a hardware problem with certain cameras (and you may need to replace them).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]