Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:28 am 

Hello there!

I understood from other posts and FAQ that Kinect V2 for Xbox is not supported due to incompatible connection type.

So.. That means Kinect for Windows v2 Sensor is supported? Please confirm.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msu ... .298810500

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:27 am 
iPi Soft

Kinect 2 for Windows will be supported in iPi Mocap V3 coming out in a few days.
Microsoft also plans to release an adapter for using Kinect for XBOX One with PCs:
http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2014/10/22/microsoft-releases-kinect-sdk-2-0-new-adapter-kit/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:37 am 

I got it , thank you very much !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:50 pm 

I have Kinect for windows v2 Sensor, But its not tracking when character is falling, Running, slip and fall back, Back flip. Any thing which have rotation its not working. Do I need more Kinect? how many I can add? Can I mix XBOX Kinect with window V2 Kinect? Or I need PS3 camera for rotational or 360 animation? plz guide me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:56 am 
iPi Soft

Yes, you cannot track rotations and other complex motions with a single Kinect. You need at least 2 sensors for that (max 3 of Kinect 1 are supported).
However, currently only single Kinect 2 is supported due to limitations of Kinect SDK. We will add distributed recording feature later this year, so you will be able to record from multiple Kinect 2 with multiple PCs.
Kinect 2 cannot be mixed with Kinect 1 (neither for Window nor XBOX).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:15 am 

vmaslov wrote:
Yes, you cannot track rotations and other complex motions with a single Kinect. You need at least 2 sensors for that (max 3 of Kinect 1 are supported).
However, currently only single Kinect 2 is supported due to limitations of Kinect SDK. We will add distributed recording feature later this year, so you will be able to record from multiple Kinect 2 with multiple PCs.

Is there any hope to use Kinect XBOX 360 with Kinect v2 for windows? Please guys help me....I am in a big trouble...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:36 am 

vmaslov wrote:

Hello,

We're encountering a problem with iPisoft3 in which the Kinect 2 cam does not remain connected, preventing proper capture. The latest Kinect SDK v. 1.8 is installed and drivers appear to be up to date. The PC has Windows 8.1 OS currently and also up to date.

At the moment, we are not able to get the Kinect cam 2 to show up anymore. However, we're able to see 2 Kinect 1 cams (connected to a USB 2.0 PCI) and record with them without a problem. To be clear, the Kinect 2 cam is connected to a separate USB 3.0 PCI on the same PC.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:37 pm 
iPi Soft

jram wrote:
The latest Kinect SDK v. 1.8 is installed and drivers appear to be up to date.

Kinect 2 requires Kinect SDK v2.0 to be installed.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44561
Both SDKs can be installed side-by-side.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:14 am 

Ummm, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuMRRDGrOe8

You dont need 2 kinects to get full 360 rotations.

vmaslov wrote:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]