Change font size
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Logitech webcams
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:21 am 

Back when version 1 came out it was recommended that I get the Logitech webcams.
As I am getting back into animation after a few years things look to have changed considerably.

Is a x4 Logitech webcam setup still good or should I look at getting a new camera setup?
Note: I am only planning on recording one actor at a time and not multiple actors.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Post subject: Re: Logitech webcams
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:43 pm 

It's been a long time since anybody brought up the Logitech cameras. :)

My experience with the Logitech camera was that they were too much trouble to adjust and at the time they were very expensive for what you got. That was several years ago and situation may have changed but I doubt it.

IMO, if you're going to use a 'web-type' camera, the PS Eye is recommended. These cameras are very inexpensive and they work reliably with iPi Mocap Studio. Just be aware that they require a lot of space and adequate ambient room lighting.

If you have limited space or you want something that's much easier to set up and use, I recommend multiple Kinect devices. I use up to three for my projects and it works great. Just be aware that if you use Kinect 2 for Windows, you will need multiple computers to record with.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post subject: Re: Logitech webcams
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:01 am 
iPi Soft

If all 4 are the same model then you can use Logitech cams. Just need to check the Auto detect FOV angle option when processing the calibration.
We recommend PS Eye cameras because they provide a very stable 60fps frame rate that distinguishes them from the majority of web cams.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]