Change font size
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Webcam Limitations
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:13 pm 

Thank you everyone for the brief help and sorry for replying late on post.

As i said earlier, our basic requirement is to record at larger volume space (10 X 10 Meters). I tried recording using Ipisoft but results weren't as good as 5 X 5 meters capture area. Thus I was considering other camera options.

Quote:
For video-based capture, moving the cameras farther away does require higher resolution. But higher video resolution will naturally increase the bandwidth requirements and fewer cameras will be usable for each computer.

We don't have limitation/constraints on space, budget or machines. I can even setup 16 to 20 workstations for individual cameras(as we have that many in our studio now)

Quote:
They stated they wanted a larger capture volume using 20 cams, so using 2 recorders with 10 cams on each, each stage can then be within the max. camera spacing for PS Eyes, and will give a larger overall capture volume, the camera positioning config. and the tracking of the videos would be done differently of course, then spliced back together later in post to achieve the full stage animations, this is commonly done to append other animations to one another, so why not this way.

Quote:
Just a clarification on the dual recorder operation, an active license is only needed for the recorder if you want to use it's editing features.

You can install and operate the basic recorder for free on 2 computers at the same time using distributed recording.

I use the editing features on the record a lot, so I keep including that as needing a license to operate.

If you say you want more than 16 cams, the described set up will work with 10 and 10 PS Eyes or any variations up to 16 PS Eyes on one recorder and distributed recording.

Processing the videos will still need to be done separately in iPi Studio, which would only require the one Pro license.

You can run 10 PS Eyes off one computer set up to handle it though and would work easier than distributed recording from several machines, that would give you 20 cams and a larger capture volume.

1. I am very much interested in this thing, haven't heard or seen on Ipisoft website yet. Do you mean that I will have to record in 1 Recorder, and then Record in 2nd Recorder.

OR

2. Both will start recording at same time. Also can you please explain about the editing feature which you mentioned. This is really interesting. And how much is the cost for Active license of Recorder?

How will both videos sync and does the editing feature allows to add videos from other cameras devices like smartphone or DSLR.

The reason i asked Smartphone is because it can also give 240 fps in 720 fps.

Reason for Faster FPS:
I have tried capturing fastest action and Ipisoft couldn't handle it well. Thus wants to capture all possible actions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 am 

Externally recorded videos can not be uploaded to the recorder at this time.

If you have 1 license now for the Pro version, you already have the recorder editing features activated for one recorder.

I use the editing to trim the fat off the recordings front and rear for smaller file size and to get right to where I want to start tracking the video in studio faster.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:12 am 

Snapz I have tried to reply to your private message. Can you please reach me on parth@centroid3d.com

Also I am still confuse with the editing feature you mentioned. How can we import 20 cameras video if Ipisoft says Pro edition can handle 3 to 16 PS eye cameras? and how can both the recorder start recording at same time?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:32 am 

Reply sent

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2