Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:01 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:24 am 

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 am
Posts: 8
Hi,

I wonder does anybody know anything about these vertical lines and how to get rid of them?
I bought one used kinect and it has already had this defect.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:20 am 
iPi Soft

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:12 am
Posts: 1941
Location: Moscow, Russia
Hi
This looks like a lense defect, e.g. scratches or mud. Do you see anything unusual on the lenses (check all three)?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:10 am 

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 am
Posts: 8
vmaslov wrote:
Hi
This looks like a lense defect, e.g. scratches or mud. Do you see anything unusual on the lenses (check all three)?


Top glass isn't perfect but there's no such scratches that represents vertical lines
Image

I think I have to take apart the device and take a look closer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:39 pm 

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 739
Location: Florida USA
...

That smudge has to be the culprit, the depth sensor is right there behind it and it is extrapolated to look so large as it is so close to the lens, just odd how it looks so perfectly spaced, I would think it very unlikely that the lens, or sensor itself is damaged causing it.

Maybe take the sensor apart and flip the lens end for end to try to get that smudge out of the sensors sight, I don't have Kv2 any longer to know how, or if that can even be done though.

...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 pm 

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 am
Posts: 8
I polished the scratch but without any success. Everyhing looks the same and vertical lines (artifacts) hadn't changed.
And I couldn't unscrew the device because of the service bolts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:54 am 

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 739
Location: Florida USA
...

Well, that sucks, personally I have never seen or heard of this issue before until now, even with a slightly marked cover lens, but I don't follow Kinect sensor issues much.

I bought the 2 I used for testing off eBay for like $70 each and had no issues with either, just luck of the draw I guess.

Check on youtube about break down of Kinect v2 videos, people have done it a lot, so can't be that hard to remove those screws.

...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 am 

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 am
Posts: 8
Snapz wrote:
...

Well, that sucks, personally I have never seen or heard of this issue before until now, even with a slightly marked cover lens, but I don't follow Kinect sensor issues much.

I bought the 2 I used for testing off eBay for like $70 each and had no issues with either, just luck of the draw I guess.

Check on youtube about break down of Kinect v2 videos, people have done it a lot, so can't be that hard to remove those screws.

...


Thanks for advice

if I find a solution I'll reply to this post

for now I leave it as is


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:35 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:34 pm
Posts: 2232
Location: Los Angeles
To me, it looks more 'internal' because the lines are so defined and appear in a regular pattern. If it was caused by dirt or a smudge, I think it would look more random. I don't have a suggestion for fixing it though...I've never seen that before. Is the device still under warranty? If you've registered the device, MS has a site for reporting issues and possibly getting it replaced.

_________________
Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog | Demo Reel (2017) | Demo Reel (2015) | Demo Reel (2013)

Image
Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:59 am 

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 am
Posts: 8
Greenlaw wrote:
To me, it looks more 'internal' because the lines are so defined and appear in a regular pattern. If it was caused by dirt or a smudge, I think it would look more random. I don't have a suggestion for fixing it though...I've never seen that before. Is the device still under warranty? If you've registered the device, MS has a site for reporting issues and possibly getting it replaced.


no warranty, I bought the used device for 60$ and the seller pointed me to this issue and said it doesn't affect the mocap process but I still can't find out if it does or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:25 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:34 pm
Posts: 2232
Location: Los Angeles
The way to tell is to look at the point cloud in Mocap Studio. Does the error appear in the captured 3D data? If so, then yes, it will affect the quality of the mocap

Mocap Studio uses collision with the scanned 3D data to animate a skeleton. If the Kinect can't reproduce the shapes accurately, Mocap Studio can't track them accurately.

_________________
Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog | Demo Reel (2017) | Demo Reel (2015) | Demo Reel (2013)

Image
Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net