Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:24 am 

Hi,

I wonder does anybody know anything about these vertical lines and how to get rid of them?
I bought one used kinect and it has already had this defect.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:20 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
This looks like a lense defect, e.g. scratches or mud. Do you see anything unusual on the lenses (check all three)?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:10 am 

vmaslov wrote:
Hi
This looks like a lense defect, e.g. scratches or mud. Do you see anything unusual on the lenses (check all three)?

Top glass isn't perfect but there's no such scratches that represents vertical lines

I think I have to take apart the device and take a look closer

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:39 pm 

That smudge has to be the culprit, the depth sensor is right there behind it and it is extrapolated to look so large as it is so close to the lens, just odd how it looks so perfectly spaced, I would think it very unlikely that the lens, or sensor itself is damaged causing it.

Maybe take the sensor apart and flip the lens end for end to try to get that smudge out of the sensors sight, I don't have Kv2 any longer to know how, or if that can even be done though.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 pm 

I polished the scratch but without any success. Everyhing looks the same and vertical lines (artifacts) hadn't changed.
And I couldn't unscrew the device because of the service bolts.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:54 am 

Well, that sucks, personally I have never seen or heard of this issue before until now, even with a slightly marked cover lens, but I don't follow Kinect sensor issues much.

I bought the 2 I used for testing off eBay for like $70 each and had no issues with either, just luck of the draw I guess.

Check on youtube about break down of Kinect v2 videos, people have done it a lot, so can't be that hard to remove those screws.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 am 

Snapz wrote:

Well, that sucks, personally I have never seen or heard of this issue before until now, even with a slightly marked cover lens, but I don't follow Kinect sensor issues much.

I bought the 2 I used for testing off eBay for like $70 each and had no issues with either, just luck of the draw I guess.

Check on youtube about break down of Kinect v2 videos, people have done it a lot, so can't be that hard to remove those screws.

Thanks for advice

if I find a solution I'll reply to this post

for now I leave it as is

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:35 am 

To me, it looks more 'internal' because the lines are so defined and appear in a regular pattern. If it was caused by dirt or a smudge, I think it would look more random. I don't have a suggestion for fixing it though...I've never seen that before. Is the device still under warranty? If you've registered the device, MS has a site for reporting issues and possibly getting it replaced.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:59 am 

Greenlaw wrote:
To me, it looks more 'internal' because the lines are so defined and appear in a regular pattern. If it was caused by dirt or a smudge, I think it would look more random. I don't have a suggestion for fixing it though...I've never seen that before. Is the device still under warranty? If you've registered the device, MS has a site for reporting issues and possibly getting it replaced.

no warranty, I bought the used device for 60$ and the seller pointed me to this issue and said it doesn't affect the mocap process but I still can't find out if it does or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:25 am 

The way to tell is to look at the point cloud in Mocap Studio. Does the error appear in the captured 3D data? If so, then yes, it will affect the quality of the mocap

Mocap Studio uses collision with the scanned 3D data to animate a skeleton. If the Kinect can't reproduce the shapes accurately, Mocap Studio can't track them accurately.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next