Change font size
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:14 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:38 am 

A few questions:

Did the image change at all when you tried to clean the surface? Or did it remain the same? I'm wondering if you'll need to open the device to clean the lens. I would be very careful about that--use a Pec pad or at least a very high quaily micro-fiber cloth.

In the old sensor, the two middle lenses were for light and depth, and the one on the end was for color. I'm not sure how they are set up in the new sensor but you can probably find diagrams onlnie or 'tear down' videos on YouTube.

Have you tried tracking the data yet? My guess is that the upper body will be fine but you might get more than usual errors wth the legs. If you have two Kinect sensors, the second one might help average out any errors. (But obviously not as good as having two error free devices.)

Hope you can salvage the device. If it works, $60 is a steal.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:32 pm 

Here's a link that may be of some assistance in tear down: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Xbox+On ... down/19725

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:11 am 

Greenlaw wrote:
Have you tried tracking the data yet? My guess is that the upper body will be fine but you might get more than usual errors wth the legs. If you have two Kinect sensors, the second one might help average out any errors. (But obviously not as good as having two error free devices.)

Hope you can salvage the device. If it works, $60 is a steal.

I have only one kinect and basic subscription. When recording I try to place the device so my body become between the lines.

Snapz wrote:
Here's a link that may be of some assistance in tear down: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Xbox+On ... down/19725

thank for the link :)

BTW here's a quick test with plain motion and crossing the lines, 1 track forward, no refine, no jitter removal
Attachment:
kinect_test.gif
kinect_test.gif [ 4.43 MiB | Viewed 415 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:08 am 

You know, from what I can tell in the video, the stripes don't appear to be interfering with the point cloud. The cloud looks pretty 'whole' to me. The capture certainly seems okay.

For all practical intents, maybe it's all good?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:19 am 

Greenlaw wrote:
For all practical intents, maybe it's all good?

I hope that everything will be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:42 am 

Just curious but is there a mirror to the right? That doesn't actually make sense because the rays would bounce away from the device and not back to the device, but I see a phantom leg coming out from the wall. (Actually, the more I think about it, that REALLY doesn't make sense since the mirror is physically flat and there is no actual leg there to scan.)

I'm guessing it's somehow offsetting the data for the real leg somehow, but the data appears to be duplicated and not subtracted from the main body so maybe it's nothing to be concerned with.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:25 am 

Greenlaw wrote:
Just curious but is there a mirror to the right? That doesn't actually make sense because the rays would bounce away from the device and not back to the device, but I see a phantom leg coming out from the wall. (Actually, the more I think about it, that REALLY doesn't make sense since the mirror is physically flat and there is no actual leg there to scan.)

I'm guessing it's somehow offsetting the data for the real leg somehow, but the data appears to be duplicated and not subtracted from the main body so maybe it's nothing to be concerned with.

yes, it is - there's a mirror to the right, but it doesn't affect the result :)

if I find out anything else about stripes/lines in my workflow I'll post info here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:52 am 

Ok, thanks. That's funny and not what I would have expected. :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2