Change font size
It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:54 am 

I'm currently testing ipi dms before making the Basic edition purchase.
So far, the experience has been excellent. Capturing video and so on.

However, I have my cowboy character done in Maya 2012. I added a HumanIK and exported the whole thing as a FBX file.
When I import it into ipi dmc, the character doesn't match the moves. Actually, the whole mesh moves in a T pose.

Looking at the Motion Transfer Profile panel, it says Unused. When I try to match the bones, e.g. Left Shoulder and Right Shoulder, I mesh gets all squashed.

I looked again, around and saw this video showing the user exporting his mesh as fbx, using Autodesk FBX converter to convert the fbx file into DAE file. Bring it into ipi dmc and working wonderfully. But when I try the convertion, and bring it into ipi dmc, it gives me an message:

Cannot Open File
Cannot open file "etc etc etc path. <instance_visual_scene> tag not found.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=51juos0TsS8#!

Once again, looking around I came across another video where the user imports Daz models and it matches with his movements with different bone structure. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdp899fB2YI

I'm wondering 3 things.

1. What am I missing? What button?
2. Do I need to export ipi dmc bone first out as an initial T pose and use that as a template ? If yes, then how that explains the Daz models with different bone structure being imported into ipi dmc and working so nicely.
3. How can I work with HumanIK OR Custom Riggs if I choose to use ipi dmc?

Thank you and appreciated for any suggestion.

Last edited by cgisoul on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:31 am 

mrbones wrote:
Hi Cgsoul.

IT looks like you assigned shoulders to collarbones.
Please send the character fbx and I will make a profile for you.
peaklevels@yahoo.com
Also you need to assign everything for it to work.
Start at the top of the bones profile and assign Hips first.
Thanks and Cheers

Hi mrbones,

Thank you for your reply.
I don't understand one thing, how can users import so easily Daz models OF ANY FORM, SHAPE, into ipi dmc and right away they can move, jump and so on, in ipi????? I'm astonished by seeing this working so easily, but not with my cowboy hahaha.
What's the magic trick here within Daz and IPI???

How do you create a profile on my character? Sorry for my noob question, but what profile is it?
re-Naming all the bones? Then how am I going to work with the HumanIK back in Maya?

Sorry, I'm new to all this so please be patient with my noob questions and thank you for your help/suggestions.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:29 pm 

I don't know how you've named your joints but in the Motion Transfer Profile panel, have you tried mapping your character's upper arm joint (or whatever joint is downstream from the shoulder) to the iPi Studo rig's Shoulder joint? Just curious to see what happens.

If all your joint names (and structure) do not match what iPi expects, you will need to map them in that panel. Alternatively, you could try renaming your rig's joints to match iPi's before exporting your FBX--this should make iPi Stuido automatically read the rig. BTW, by 'structure', I mean the order of the joints--I believe you can actually have extra joints in between the required joints so long as the required joints flow somewhere downstream in the expected order.

Sorry, these are just guesses because I don't have experience with the iPi Studio retargeting system; so far I've only done my retargeting in Motion Builder. I hope you get this figured out.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:23 pm 

mrbones wrote:
Hi Cgisoul.
I can answer all of your questions once you have purchased one of our support packages.
http://www.truebones.com/store.html
Thanks

Thank you mrbones, but I though you asked me to send my cowboy to you, in which I did, since you offered to help to create a profile.
Just didn't expect that in your next post you would only offer help if I bought a package from you. Appreciated if you could just delete the email I sent you with the cowboy fbx.
No hard feelings. Business is business. Understood. Thank you.

Greenlaw wrote:
I don't know how you've named your joints but in the Motion Transfer Profile panel, have you tried mapping your character's upper arm joint (or whatever joint is downstream from the shoulder) to the iPi Studo rig's Shoulder joint? Just curious to see what happens.

If all your joint names (and structure) do not match what iPi expects, you will need to map them in that panel. Alternatively, you could try renaming your rig's joints to match iPi's before exporting your FBX--this should make iPi Stuido automatically read the rig. BTW, by 'structure', I mean the order of the joints--I believe you can actually have extra joints in between the required joints so long as the required joints flow somewhere downstream in the expected order.

Sorry, these are just guesses because I don't have experience with the iPi Studio retargeting system; so far I've only done my retargeting in Motion Builder. I hope you get this figured out.

G.

Hi Greenlaw,

Thank you for your suggestions.
I will take your advise and rename the bones and let see how that will come up later.
Appreciated mate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:29 pm 

Greenlaw......................................

IT WORKS!!! Need some fixing later, but that's good enough.
Getting ipisoft for sure end of this month!!! This will save me tons of time in animating my cowboy.
Thank you and appreciated for your help.
Also, checked your cats. Nice work mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_-gf79ntiw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 pm 

Congrats! That looks fun...keep us posted. :)

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 pm 

Your welcome.

Cheers

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]