Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:35 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:17 pm 

L f r b? or what? this could be my issue with not getting any usable calibration

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:52 pm 

Clockwise or counter, I don't think it matters. What matters is that the camera sequence matches up in iPiStudio. To help keep things clear, I like to make camera 1 the 'front' camera. (edit: sorry, I meant camera 2 is 'front', and camera 1 is 'right', which is counter to your setup, but I don't think it really matters.)

Sometimes it's easy to get confused, and have the camera views in the video recorded out of sequence. I don't think it matters to iPiStudio, but when I mess this up, I set up a comp in Fusion to correct the sequence--this just makes it easier for me to understand what's happening during tracking as you can't re-arrange the video panels in iPiStudio like you can in Recorder.

Hope this helps.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:59 pm 

I should add that it seemed I was getting better results when I was using three cameras. For some reason, calibrating four camers in the current iPiStudio beta is a lot more finicky...at least to me it is.

I think this is supposed to be greatly improved in the upcoming release. Hopefully, it's coming soon. :)

Greenlaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:47 pm 

how do you rearange in teh recorder?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 pm 

In Recorder, just grab a camera window and drag it to the position you want.

I wish you could also do this for prerecorded video in iPiStudio for those times when you accidentally recorded the camera layout differently than what you really intended. In this situation, this is what I'm using Fusion for.

Greenlaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:15 pm 

i cant seem to grab it...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:06 pm 

dimentox wrote:
i cant seem to grab it...

dimentox,

Sorry for the delayed response...it's been over a month since I last used Recorder, and I'm just now finding time to use it again. Anyway, I can't seem to move the panels either. I'm almost positive this worked before, but then again I've been very busy lately and seriously lacking sleep. :p

I'm going to temporarily regress to an older version of Recorder later and see if this works in that version.

Michael,

I would have sworn that I was able to change the order of the video window panels in Recorder by dragging them, but I cannot do this in the current version. Was this feature left out in this release or did I completely imagine this feature?

(If it was just wishful thinking, please consider adding it; it's a good idea.) :)

Greenlaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:55 pm 

Hi,

I've been playing with the new version of recorder and it seems sluggish compared to the previous release. Frame rate is good, but it's difficult to work with because I'm experiencing a lag with the interface.

I'll try rebooting the laptop in a minute.

Greenlaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:34 am 
iPi Soft

Greenlaw wrote:
I would have sworn that I was able to change the order of the video window panels in Recorder by dragging them, but I cannot do this in the current version.

Yes, this feature was available in older versions and was removed in latest version. We will re-enable it in one of upcoming versions.

Greenlaw wrote:
I've been playing with the new version of recorder and it seems sluggish compared to the previous release. Frame rate is good, but it's difficult to work with because I'm experiencing a lag with the interface.

This is strange. Latest version should actually be much faster and take less CPU time then previous versions. What are the specs of your laptop?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:20 pm 

Hi,

Sorry, I had to stop testing shortly after rebooting the other night. I did take a little time to update my Logitech webcam drivers, but then it was too late in the evening to continue testing.

I'll try to do some tests tonight after work. (Yes, working on a Sunday, and it's really sunny today...ugh!) Anyway, I'm hoping that simply rebooting will have fixed the lag issue, and that it wasn't actually an iPi DMC problem. I'll let you know how it goes.

Greenlaw

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]