Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: 3-16 Cameras Required?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:50 pm 

Okay, so I am a noob to this software, and this may be an easy fix, I don't know. Basically, I'm trying to use a single Kinect 2.0 to do some basic motion capture, but when I tried to export the recording to the mocap software, it gives me an error message that says I have to use 3-16 cameras. How can I get it to work with only one Kinect 2.0?

Attachments:
File comment: The Error Message
ERRORMESSAGE.PNG
ERRORMESSAGE.PNG [ 3.78 KiB | Viewed 4629 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:21 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
Are you sure the recording was made with Kinect depth sensor?
iPi Mocap Studio shows this warning when trying to open a recording taken with less than 3 regular color cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:27 pm 

vmaslov wrote:
Hi
Are you sure the recording was made with Kinect depth sensor?
iPi Mocap Studio shows this warning when trying to open a recording taken with less than 3 regular color cameras.

I used a Kinect 2 to record, do I have to specifically change some settings for it to work?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 am 
iPi Soft

Can you upload your iPiVideo to some file sharing service so I could check it?

You may first performs some basic checks yourself in iPi Recorder. Open the video using the Browse button. Is depth data displayed or only color picture? If latter, press the Video Info button in the toolbar and see whether there is a track with depth data. If not, then expand info about color track and find the device model name there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:18 pm 

Sorry, I'll be be able to this Friday, but im away until then :/ Thanks for the help anyway :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:05 pm 

vmaslov wrote:
Can you upload your iPiVideo to some file sharing service so I could check it?

You may first performs some basic checks yourself in iPi Recorder. Open the video using the Browse button. Is depth data displayed or only color picture? If latter, press the Video Info button in the toolbar and see whether there is a track with depth data. If not, then expand info about color track and find the device model name there.

Do you have google drive?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:45 pm 
iPi Soft

Yes, I have.
Just upload to your Google Drive, Dropbox etc. and setup public access to it, then post the link here or PM me if you don't want to share with others.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:45 pm 

vmaslov wrote:
Yes, I have.
Just upload to your Google Drive, Dropbox etc. and setup public access to it, then post the link here or PM me if you don't want to share with others.

Sorry for the delay, here's the link; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1IBvu ... sp=sharing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:55 am 
iPi Soft

OK, I've taken a look of your video.
Indeed, it has only color video stream from a device named "Kinect V2 Video Sensor". There is no such device when Kinect is installed with drivers coming with Kinect v2 SDK/Runtime. I guess you've got some 3d party driver for Kinect, turning it into a webcam. Therefore, iPi Recorder works with your Kinect as a regular camera, not a depth sensor.
Please uninstall any drivers for Kinect besides Microsoft Kinect SDK/Runtime. Or just anything you see in Program and Features window containing the word Kinect. Then install Microsoft Kinect v2 SDK https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=44561

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]