Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 am 

Wondering if iPi has looked into creating the drivers, or whatever programming that would be needed for this IMU board to work with iPi Recorder/Studio:

https://www.amazon.com/MPU6050-Bluetoot ... B018NNAZW8

Seems kind of reasonably priced and small if it could be compatible with your software if not a lot of fuss to get it work.

The batteries can be purchased online cheaply to make them cord free.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am 

After reading more info on this, I take it as it is a no-log sensor and only works with their software?
So not sure it can be programmed for use with iPi?

It would be nice if iPi could create a 9 axis controller of their own that works with a much smaller package, although it would loose some of the functions the Move has, but for me if it just had 9 axis tracking, it would be fine, or an added version of a controller and still keep the Move for those who want to use it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:07 am 

Another 9 axis bluetooth transceiver with and SDK that might be useful.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/5887065

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 am 

No reply to this topic, so I can only guess iPi is either not interested in an optional smaller controller at this time, or these versions may be unsuitable for use within iPi framework, or possibly looking into it for future releases.

Although I have put this question to them before and the response was being a bit leery of these type of start-ups and the longevity the products could remain available, where so far Sony has been a stable product, although even the newer versions of that have been changed.

I am sure with the IoT bluetooth tracking sensor products coming out, their may be one soon that could accomplish this within iPi at a reasonable cost and stable supplier to compete with the Sony Move :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:42 am 
iPi Soft

Sorry for not replying ;) and thanks for your findings. Currently we're busy working on realtime solution for depth cameras and support for alternatives to Kinect. So it's just not the right time for evaluating the market of IMU devices. I think we may loook into this later this year when v4 is out and has all main features we plan for it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 am 

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I don't know the road map for iPi, but it seems you are developing more with the Kinect, or alternative depth tracking systems going forward than 2D video devices for recording, guessing that is a by a user demand for a real-time work flow though and not as easily achieved with 2D cameras, without implementing a marker based tracking system.

I understand some developments for IMU's come and go, but a smaller Arduino design made specifically to work with iPi Recorder/Studio would be a plus, although I got the Moves stripped to the basic components needed and working, something smaller would be nice too.

Real-time recording for Kinect v2, or similar device would be nice, although I don't personally use them now for several reasons, but I would try them again with a real-time tracking solution.

I am guessing this real-time development would still require a hand/head tracker, so maybe in future versions of the program this will be attempted and implemented.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]