Change font size
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:22 pm 

ok ,not support Kinect 2.0 multiple ,but we can support multiple kinect 1.0 and fushion and do something more ,why not ,make me not very happy,big hope small update ,need some respond from our powerful offical side explain ,my heart is break ,now

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:18 pm 

It does support multiple Xbox one Kinects. But the only problem is that only 1 Xbox One Kinect can work on one PC each! So You'll need a second separate PC if you want to do mocap shots with two Xbox One Kinects!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:58 pm 

aha,guys

Last edited by fsilne on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm 

TJ Studio wrote:
It does support multiple Xbox one Kinects. But the only problem is that only 1 Xbox One Kinect can work on one PC each! So You'll need a second separate PC if you want to do mocap shots with two Xbox One Kinects!

i know that support ,i mean ipi 4.0 not support multi kinect2.0 realtime ,look what i am mention before and make a right respond and not like a joker feel yourself is all right ,actually you do know nothing,guys ,be carefully looking and thinking and so on you know what i mean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:56 am 

iPi has already stated, but being new to the program you may not have read all the information they put out, that they are working on a multiple Kinect XBox One Real-time solution, still need 2 machines due to the MS SDK limitations, not iPi, with hopes to have it available by years end, or maybe the OP can write a driver to accomplish 2 XBox One's on a single PC and works with iPi as well?

Some things users have to do on their own, (reading release notes and future program projected paths), I don't think iPi devs want to hold users hands on things they should inform themselves on, on their own, if you look you will find this information already mentioned.

They stated this real-time feature was more or less to visualize how the performers actions appear on an imported character, to better know how to perform comparatively, personally I don't think a Kinect real-time tracking solution is that optimal for full animation purposes, but to each their own opinion, would have been nicer to have a built in curve editor that could have done this more optimally, as it is done in post with other external 3D packages.

This feature is better explained here: http://ipisoft.com/2018/07/version-4-0-released/ OR under the News Tab on http://ipisoft.com main page and here : http://ipisoft.com/store/version-4-0/ Under Feature Details section.

Summary:

Feature
Real-time tracking with depth sensors for live preview, (agreed this should say single sensor at this point, but I take it they are referring to different sensor brands only)
User can see how the motion will look on 3D character, and improve motion accordingly right at the time of acting and recording
No need to redo multiple iterations of acting, recording and offline tracking
Live tracking results can then be stored to disk for additional offline post-processing
(Note - * Currently available for single depth sensor. Support for multiple depth sensors is planned for Fall 2018)

Benefits of iPi Mocap V 4 Real Time Tracking
The new real-time tracking feature in Version 4 uses iPi Recorder, a free software provided by iPi Soft for capturing, for playing back and processing video records from multiple cameras and depth sensors, (maybe a mis-statement for real time feature using multiple sensors at this time), to communicate to iPi Mocap Studio software that tracks in real-time speed and instantly transfers motion to 3D characters. This allows users to see how the motion will look on a 3D character, and improve motion accordingly at the time of acting and recording without the need to redo multiple iterations of acting, recording and offline tracking.

Live tracking results can then be stored to disk for additional offline post-processing, such as tracking refinement (to improve tracking accuracy), manual corrections and jitter removal to provide end users with an accurate, flexible and efficient workflow.

(Above text correction by iPiSoft made here) - iPi Mocap Version 4 currently includes the real-time tracking feature for a single depth sensor only. iPi Soft is scheduled to bring real-time functionality for multiple depth sensors by the end of this year.

Development of plug-ins for popular 3D game engines, including Unreal Engine and Unity, is also underway.

Key features in iPi Motion Capture 4
Real-time Tracking and Other Tracking Improvements

(and here) - Real-time tracking support of human performance for live preview for a single depth sensor (Basic and Pro configurations); motion can be transferred to a 3D character.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]