Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 12   [ 111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Setting up ps3 mover
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:41 am 

Recorder doesn't require any license, so for the laptop to record is free, you wouldn't want to process any video on a laptop unless it is a very powerful one with a high end graphics card.

Recording onto a external USB 3.0 7200 rpm, or SSD disk will make it easier to access the videos on your desktop machine later, but since it takes a USB port to run one, it may limit your PS Eyes without using powered hubs with 2 PS Eyes per hub and may not record at full 60 fps, or if you are cable connected to a network with both machines you could access the video files from the PC, I wouldn't rely on a wifi network connection from a laptop though, my opinion, but you can try.

If you record directly to the laptop disk drive, it will take extended time to transfer them directly to the PC.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:48 pm 

Snapz wrote:

Recorder doesn't require any license, so for the laptop to record is free, you wouldn't want to process any video on a laptop unless it is a very powerful one with a high end graphics card.

Recording onto a external USB 3.0 7200 rpm, or SSD disk will make it easier to access the videos on your desktop machine later, but since it takes a USB port to run one, it may limit your PS Eyes without using powered hubs with 2 PS Eyes per hub and may not record at full 60 fps, or if you are cable connected to a network with both machines you could access the video files from the PC, I wouldn't rely on a wifi network connection from a laptop though, my opinion, but you can try.

If you record directly to the laptop disk drive, it will take extended time to transfer them directly to the PC.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou Snapz !
Yes it could be a problem to handle an external drive on a laptop.

My desktop is a skylake x 6700 K with mb GA-Z170X-UD5 TH with the following usb spec https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA ... -rev-10#sp
Chipset+Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Controller: 1. 2 x USB Type-C™ ports on the back panel, with USB 3.1 support
Chipset: 1. 8 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
2. 5 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 1 port available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+GENESYS LOGIC USB 2.0 Hub: 1. 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers

I suppose i can handle the 6 ps3 cams setup with my basic edition on my desktop but i dont knew yet. If so i will try to find a laptop with similar spec.
If Iuse the thunderbolt on a laptop for external drives it should work i beleive ?

This afternoon i red in ipisoft doc that IP mocap studio can be deactivaded on my desktop and then activated again with same licensekey on a laptop.

I also find the following
"Some modern laptops have both USB 2.0 and 3.0 controllers. In this case single USB 3.0 controller can handle with four PS Eye cameras at 640x480 at 60 FPS. b"

So a th connection for external drive shouldnt interfere with the usb 3 and 2 controllers ?

Regarding wifi; I use it only for Iclone 7.3 and motion live..streaming from my Iphone x for facial motion capture purpose.

Best regards
funwithps3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:54 pm 

You can try whatever you like, you won't know until tested, but I wouldn't guarantee 1-USB 3.0 controller to handle 4 PS Eyes @ 60 fps, most new mobo's share 2.0 and 3.0 controllers, but maybe using a hub between 2 cams would work, but whatever you try, it can not have frame drops during the recording process of more than .5, the 3.1 controller will handle 2 PS Eyes, possibly the same way, though you may have to update the driver for it from the factory one, or it may not recognize the cameras.

It doesn't take a very powerful machine, or graphics card to use the recorder, but I doubt a $500 machine would cut it, and I would use a dedicated card, not the integral HD graphics chip, and an SSD if possible, it is more important to have enough USB controllers and USB ports and be able to maintain the 60 fps throughout a recording to get the best tracking outcomes.

Thunderbolt port should be on it's own controller, so I can't see why it wouldn't handle an HDD, or SSD external drive, which is the fastest way to access the recordings from another computer.

If you plan on recording with PS Eyes outside, be very aware of the sunlight, record at pre dusk, or shade the recording area well, PS Eyes do not handle bright light well and poor bright lighting will affect the tracking.

You may have an issue with calibrating the cams correctly too, so just keep these things in mind during your set up.

Good luck, let us know how it all works out for you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:48 am 

Snapz wrote:

You can try whatever you like, you won't know until tested, but I wouldn't guarantee 1-USB 3.0 controller to handle 4 PS Eyes @ 60 fps, most new mobo's share 2.0 and 3.0 controllers, but maybe using a hub between 2 cams would work, but whatever you try, it can not have frame drops during the recording process of more than .5, the 3.1 controller will handle 2 PS Eyes, possibly the same way, though you may have to update the driver for it from the factory one, or it may not recognize the cameras.

It doesn't take a very powerful machine, or graphics card to use the recorder, but I doubt a $500 machine would cut it, and I would use a dedicated card, not the integral HD graphics chip, and an SSD if possible, it is more important to have enough USB controllers and USB ports and be able to maintain the 60 fps throughout a recording to get the best tracking outcomes.

Thunderbolt port should be on it's own controller, so I can't see why it wouldn't handle an HDD, or SSD external drive, which is the fastest way to access the recordings from another computer.

If you plan on recording with PS Eyes outside, be very aware of the sunlight, record at pre dusk, or shade the recording area well, PS Eyes do not handle bright light well and poor bright lighting will affect the tracking.

You may have an issue with calibrating the cams correctly too, so just keep these things in mind during your set up.

Good luck, let us know how it all works out for you.

Thankyou very much Snapz !

Sharing yours experineces helps me a lot…… so i will now test to setup of 6 ps3 cams on my desktop at home in purpose how to handle the different usb controllers .
I red somewhere that the ip recorder 4 will let you knew if you handle more ps3 cams than the usb controlleres can handle.

Is the two 3.1 connections on my mobo the same as th3 ? If so maybee i can use 2 ps3 cams on one of this connections.
But then i need an adapter from ps3 cam usb onnection to usb 3.1 ?

On the other 3.1 connection maybee I can use my sonnet th3 dual card reader for cf2 cards ( using with my ursa mini 4k camera) with one cf2 128 GB card ?

If this works I can now plan for a laptop..but i suppose the price will knock me off.

As a newbee there is always a risk that i missunderstod ...so please let me knew !!!

All the best
funwithps3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:37 am 

this is when startup ip recorder
4 pc3 cams via usb 3 controller connected 2 cams rear and 2 cams front:

Attachment:
step 1.jpg
step 1.jpg [ 203.72 KiB | Viewed 825 times ]

This is after calibrating:

Attachment:
step 2.jpg
step 2.jpg [ 183.28 KiB | Viewed 825 times ]

and her is from device:

Attachment:
usb used controllers.jpg
usb used controllers.jpg [ 97.96 KiB | Viewed 825 times ]

So Im a Little bit confused: Why does ip recorder warn at startup first time but not after calibration ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:48 am 

That's normal due to mobo's sharing the 2.0 and 3.0 controllers from the ports used.

That warning will return if you click the refresh icon on top left of the ribbon.

As long as any cameras attached show the video in the view port and all maintain running at 59.5 to 60 fps continually you should be ok.
(It seems you are in Europe, so maybe your on 50 Hz power and can only run cams at 50 fps, I am not sure about that though, maybe iPi can clarify that).

For some reason now, the red warning status info pops up a lot more now, more often due to background warning, than frame rate, so be sure you maintain proper background lighting to help avoid this, but as long as frame rate remains steady is the main thing.

Yes, if any 3.1 ports have the new port style, you would need an adapter for class A to C.

Since you are new to this, you will need to run tests of course, but version 4 should track much better for the most part if things are set up closely, as far as lighting, clothing colors and styles (tighter fitting recommended), with a cleaner background of neutral colors.

PS Moves calibrate and work better when USB dongle is connected to a short passive cable to get it away from the machine a bit, as Greenlaw stated.

I run all 10 m active repeater USB 2.0 cables, 3.0 isn't necessary for PS Eyes, so longer than that I can't verify working, but if need longer always use active repeaters to extend them.

I have seen users using USB hubs to connect 2 cams to a single O/I port, so I am sure it is possible, I just don't use them that way, I have the capacity to run 10 cameras on my machine, with use of a USB 3.0 added card for 2 ports and I don't use my 3.1 ports, though they do work with driver update, but I use the Basic version and can only run 6 PS Eyes anyway.

A PS Eyes set up needs much more attention than a Kinect set up to get good results, but when set up properly, you should get much better results.

Let us know how things are going, good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:13 am 

Snapz wrote:

That's normal due to mobo's sharing the 2.0 and 3.0 controllers from the ports used.

That warning will return if you click the refresh icon on top left of the ribbon.

As long as any cameras attached show the video in the view port and all maintain running at 59.5 to 60 fps continually you should be ok.
(It seems you are in Europe, so maybe your on 50 Hz power and can only run cams at 50 fps, I am not sure about that though, maybe iPi can clarify that).
Quote:

Well i just connected the cams and they were put together on the table... but i got 738 frames in 12 secs so 738/12= generally 61 fps :-) .. so i will go on with my Project
and Place cams in half a cirkle… so ill be back afterwards….

All the best
funwithps3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:22 am 

Just check the gray, or sometimes red, status bar for each cams view port is best way, click it if not visible and it will pop up and show info. on each cam you select.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:30 am 

Yes here Im back again… succés with my 3 ps3 cams calibration...and recording a few steps.....i open that video..choise action...catsh upp the corresponding calibration file….
and now im really confused…

The cord system with the actor doesnt fit the video at all so what did I do wrong ? How do I match the cordination system with the video ???

Best regards
funwithps3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:35 am 

Common occurrence in cal file.

Click the Scene Tab and select "Move Coordinates", this will spin the floor grid to match the Actor to video, best to set the floor to square with the actor for later use when using IK move tool.

I am not sure how you have your cameras positioned, but you should always look in the Z direction, not specifically at one camera, unless that camera is positioned directly in front of you.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 12   [ 111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next