Change font size
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:47 pm 

Hi there,

This bug was partially mentioned in another forum post ( http://forum.ipisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10077 ) but I wanted to make a new fresh post to accurately describe the problem in detail, along with my findings after running a lengthy number of tests.

I've included much more extensive details in the form of a google sheets spreadsheet and also demonstrate the predictable conditions for reproducing this bug in a video, both of which I'll link to below. The basic summary of the bug, however, is as follows:

• Whichever Kinect V2 was listed as CAMERA 1 in iPi Recorder when the software was first launched will display 'Could not open a device' error after background evaluation has been performed.
  • This bug has only been shown to occur using the USBDK Drivers on an Intel B360-based system, and happens regardless of Kinect V2 / Kinect USB Adapter / USB Controller configuration. It is unknown if this occurs on other types of systems, but definitely does NOT occur on an Intel Z270-based system.

I thought at first it might have something to do with some difference between the Intel USB 3.1 controller used with B360 chipsets and the Intel USB 3.0 controller used with Z270 chipsets. However, when making the final video, the bug occurs even when two add-on USB controller cards are used and the onboard USB 3.1 controller isn't, making this less likely. Also the fact that the bug appears to occur at the software level, considering that changing the arbitrary camera assignment in iPi Recorder has an effect on which Kinect will display the 'Could not open a device' error.

Obviously, things do work libusbk drivers, but if there's a possibility of this bug being resolved the USBDK drivers it would be very appreciated so that other software using the Kinect SDK can be used as well without constantly uninstalling/reinstalling drivers.

Please let me know if you require any more information or you would like me to perform any more tests on my end, as I'd be happy to help in any way I can. :)

Full details including test setups and system details can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B00zabk3pKLCqKcZUQNOFcJeuk4TQqPyH-ODOIN3yAU/edit?usp=sharing

Video demonstrating the bug here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15Ih0MpLhhrNurM028BqwI7tEEl0hS0tZ

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:10 am 

Thanks for your posts, good to know as much of what could be encountered as possible with new updates.

Since you are actively recording with dual Kv2's, maybe you can post a few YouTube sample videos of the tracking outcomes on export to your 3D package?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:40 am 
iPi Soft

Please check whether Recorder v4.2.2 fixes the issue.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]