Change font size
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:48 am 

Hello Ipi community,
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for running Ipi Recorder on a windows tablet?
The camera is RealSense 435/415. Looking for good capture with minimal dropped frames for gait recording. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of setup?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:56 pm 

I don't have RealSense but I've used iPi Recorder and Kinect 2 with a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Enhanced. This Windows tablet computer handles one Kinect 2 just fine so I imagine it will work with RealSense.

Wacom computers are pretty expensive though. The model I have it a bit old so maybe you can pick up a refurbished one for cheaper? Or get a newer Microsoft Surface with similar or better specs?

I really liked the Wacom tablet PC, however, the battery is more or less shot at this point and it costs $250+ to replace, so my tablet is not very usable as a mobile device now. I don't think the Surface tablets have easily replaced batteries either so something to consider.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:15 am 

Thank you for the response. I was looking at MS Surfaces. But might give Wacom a look now too. Did you ever use recording on battery power? If so, did performance suffer?
I just really wanted to make sure that the recording didn't suffer much frame drop on a tablet with on-board graphics and battery power.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:24 am 

TTrue wrote:
...Did you ever use recording on battery power? If so, did performance suffer?
I just really wanted to make sure that the recording didn't suffer much frame drop on a tablet with on-board graphics and battery power.

Oh, that's a good question. Since I record in our home studio, I'm typically plugged in, so probably never tried that. Sorry.

My guess is that if the RealSense has smaller video resolution than Kinect 2, it may perform better under battery. This is untested by me though.

I'm curious to hear from other users too.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]